This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

6th May - Winkhill ...

Notifications
Clear all

6th May - Winkhill - Long Run

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@craig)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Time to venture up the Peaks to the Windy Ridge Cafe, few tasty climbs along the way.

(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Sounds good to me!!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@Craig wrote:

Time to venture up the Peaks to the Windy Ridge Cafe, few tasty climbs along the way.

Done. You have been. It's in the calendar now. No backing out! 😉

ReplyQuote
(@craig)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Route planned 76 miles all in

ReplyQuote
(@craig)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

weather forecast looking good, dry and light winds, ideal for a little Peak District adventure. After last weekends battle with the elements it should be an easy day 😉

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Great ride today Craig 🙂 Thanks for leading and thanks to all others for their company 😀 Had lots of fun! 😉

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

We were an exclusive, elite, elegant and enthusiastic eight (only there weren't eight only seven but the alliteration works better with eight) setting off on the long run this morning. Ably led by Craig with Carol, Chris, Rob D, the New Chap with the nice carbon Corimas and no spare tub (sorry I can't remember your name!), me and Jed on his trike.

Jed peeled off at Twemlow and then there were six.

Craig's GPS led us over the Cloud, Gun Hill and various other unnamed first category climbs and down certain 50 mph descents until at a particular junction we had a chat and decided to head for the cafe at Tittesworth (always make me laugh).

A swift potato/scone/sandwich and some tea and we were back on the road hunting out more lumps of tarmac with signs saying, "unsuitable for large vehicles/small vehicles/bicycles/humans - only suitable for mountain goats".

Past Congleton on the way back and Chris (i'm sure it wasn't me) decided that the pace wasn't high enough and we embarked on an excellent half an hour of high cadence, high speed antics until i eventually peeled off, (the ride going right past my house) leaving the others to their fate.

I really enjoyed today's 60 something miles; great banter and roads. If Carlsberg made clubruns....

See you all soon.

ReplyQuote
(@craig)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

My legs are glad we took a shorter route, but 67 miles and 4200 ft of climb is a good day in my book. A huge thanks to all 5 who joined me, great company and the usual quality banter.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Great report John, very funny!!! The new chappie is called David and used to be a professional golfer!! As for the speedy ride home it definitely slowed down after we left you, funny that 😉

ReplyQuote
(@craig)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Cracking report John, cafe goes on the list of best vistas

ReplyQuote
Share: