This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

a bit of a shot in ...

Notifications
Clear all

a bit of a shot in the dark.....

32 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

got a loop planned around northwich which should last a couple of hours, could either then split away at the blue bridge, up the weaver to whitegate way and head into delamere (which would then become a 'navigational free-for-all'), or, re-run the loop as it would be getting 'lights on' dark by then, meaning those not so confident riding in the dark would have an insight as to whats 'coming up next'. I suppose re-running the loop would also keep it a bit more local for us getting home. i suggest meeting at the tip entrace in northwich at eight. if this time/place doesn't suit people then i'm sure we'll do our best to review and accommodate. looking forward to your stories from your hols Les and can't promise you hills like the Atlas Mountains, but have they got 'raddits'? didn't think so..... 😆 dont forget a few quid for a pint and crisps...... christ, the things I have to do for a pint!

ReplyQuote
(@kevin-c)
Trusted Member

...I have enough trouble remaining in one piece in daylight, so the prospect of a ride by moonlight scares the s**t out of me, and the fact that the Station Cafe shuts at 5:00pm so a Bacon batch is out of the question means I will have to keep my head down for a bit longer. Apart from these two things I can't think of any more feeble excuses. If anyone tries to pressurise me further I will have to ask Mary to write me a sick note. Sorry, but I am going to have to give it a miss. Have a safe one, and please use suitable protection at all times 😳

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

See you at the tip on Friday, just getting lights on bike ready haha. Andy they don't have raddits in The Atlas mountains but they have Honkeys. This is going to be a good night and Kev what do you mean by protection at all times 🙂 I am getting scared now :p come on you Tarmac lovers lets go and see the wildlife 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

classic...if your mountain biking is half as good as your banter les then i'm sure you'll be fine, just been out to try a bit of the route i've planned and i'd advise bringing a 'buff headscarf' or similar, there's a few flies, i caught a massive one on the back of the throat and i nearly brought a lung up!

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

anyone got a spare rear light i could borrow?

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Have for a spare rear light and a head torch you can borrow, 🙂

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Can I just say a massive thank you to you all for a fab night and what fun it was. Andy what a fab leader. It's a shame my wheel fell off 20 mins in, and as I went flying over the handle bars I remember saying to Kev i am sure something as fell off my bike, and yes it was my wheel but hey we carried on regardless, just a buckled wheel. Looking forward to the blog 🙂 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Blog duly submitted - https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/a-night-ride-with-andy/

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Fantastic blog Kev, I cannot stop laughing. I do have a black eye as a war wound haha. Bike needs some TLC 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@gareth)
Eminent Member

Great blog Kev, you really captured the night! Cheers Andy for taking on the leader role (even if you were over-ruled by Mrs Underhill on numerous occassions regarding route choices!) Also well done to Titch and Les for their massive enthusiasm, hopefully a few initiation-tumbles haven't put you off?! Right gotta go clean my bike, was hard for me to leave it dirty in the garage for a whole night but I wasn't getting the hosepipe out at midnight...

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

great ride last night, thoroughly enjoyed it thanks to andy for leading us out. and to kev, el, les and gareth for the great company. couple of scrapes and a bit of a swollen wrist this morning but i will be out for more mountain biking soon i think 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@Kev U wrote:

Blog duly submitted - https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/a-night-ride-with-andy/

Fantastic! ROFLMAO!

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

classic blog kev - but more important, thanks to all for coming. great to spread the knowlegde of a few hidden tracks and maybe do another one when the nights start to close in. les - when it comes to tenacity.......you're an 'A gamer'!

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Andy I had a ball and the falling off was all part of the fun:-) thank goodness i did a commando style fall haha. My bike is poorly and in hospital at the moment but next time you do this give me a shout, the resistance training was fab and good for me haha, thanks for looking after me 🙂 great leader. Only thing is I have no excuses for tomorrows run as I did not really hurt myself, oh dear I wonder if Ady will go easy in me ( no chance) haha 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Oh damn. Why didn't you ring me or sumfing! Let's not leave it until the nights are getting darker again. That's MONTHS away.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: