This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

a bit of a shot in ...

Notifications
Clear all

a bit of a shot in the dark.....

32 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'll make it quick as my tea is ready soon but whilst out on sunday, myself and a couple of constituents of the mtb fraternity, mentioning no names (matt and gareth) brushed on the fact that no nights rides have been officially ridden since back when Ross 'the boss' Parker led us out.

http://wvccbogblog.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/night-ride-sun-24-may.html

If anyone fancies the idea of cycling though mud in the dark and dogging rabbits and badgers, then reply that you may be interested. Like all of Nicks off road rides, this is open to all abilities etc etc. so if you're into the idea of cycling in the day on the hard stuff....tarmac, then why not try the opposite end of the spectrum. only canvassing for opinion, nothing is set in stone...

(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

........and hopefully we will be 'dodging' raddits and badgers, not the aforementioned. 😳

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Count us in Andy, we did a couple of night rides into the Forest ourselves this winter and had a great time. And we didn't abuse any wildlife, either. Mind you, there won't be much dark night left soon!!

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

This sounds like a good adventure Andy, I am up for this but the only thing is I love the tarmac but have only just bought my mountain bike so you say all abilities 😆 I guess I could come along as the comedy act to start with till I get use to it all (did fall off in the mud in Wales yesterday with lots of spectators). 😀

ReplyQuote
(@gareth)
Eminent Member

Count me in, intrigued to know what "raddits" are...

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

are they 'dogging rabbits'? funny, but we digress....!
we'd love to have you les, you sound mad keen with the rides you got planned and it would be great to get this one on your wvcccv, with it only coming round every three years! i reckon/hope the pace will be slower because it's dark, so it would be a good time to christen the new bike. we could run the route ross took us, i remember the marbury side and i'm sure Matt 'weaverham whippet' Hornby could rustle a few treats his way. was it a bank holiday and we went into a packed pub, 'lycrad up'....hello...attention?! it finished at twelve if i remember, the ride, not the pub. someone be brave and throw a date in, i'll start with.....'sooner the better, not fussed if its the weekend or not'

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

My thought is, if it's dark no one can see me falling off or getting the wrong gear at a time I really need the right one haha. Sooner the better for me as I have no idea what I am letting my self in for. I am away next week but back on Monday 21st. Andy you said mad keen I think it's just mad 🙂 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

26 may is a saturday, is that good for anyone? or would people prefer a week night?

ReplyQuote
(@gareth)
Eminent Member

Personally a Friday would probably work better for me, but I can do a Saturday. So 26th or 25th is good for me, think it'll be a good night for the randy wildlife too...?

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

I can do either the Friday or the Saturday 25th or 26th. Sounds like this is going to be a good laugh, probably at my expense 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i'd prefer a friday - just on the basis that it will make the weekend seem longer. also gives people a chance to do a sunday club run if they want. soooo..... what say we heavily pencil in the 25th, probably using a 6B or 7B lead, and go from there. if people are good with this date, then we'll use the biro, and get it set and start to think of where to go! be great if we could get a few out, you know who you are, Campbell... i can see you ducking down over there, you coming? Butterworth, Hornby, 'the Huff'..... we know where you live and we'll be knockin' for ya!

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Friday is good for me, looking forward to seeing what Raddits are? And seeing the randy wildlife 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

do a bit around the metroplis of northwich and then maybe head up the whitegate way to delamere if people can be bothered. got a few things in mind for a cross of abilities, hopefully everything from the more challenging "there's no way i'll be able to get up that....!" to the more sedate towpaths for some "arrrr......look at the little ducks with the mother". in recent light of club run leaders etc, can i say that even though i appear to be the vanguard for this run, i accept no responsibility for us getting lost in the forest, having to build shelters and contemplate cannibalism to see us through to the morning. i'm sure between us we can sort something, in fact, who are 'us'? gareth is keen, underhills seem in, les is up for it. Mr. Hornby, i see on singletrack you're having some mither with your rear sus, is the bike out of action?.........and yes, big brother is watching you :geek:

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

I'm up for it, I haven't checked with Kev but I'm sure the idea of admiring little ducklings will appeal to him.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Andy I can help out if we get lost, have been living in the Atlas mountains all last week so building a shelter will be no problem 🙂 I am looking forward to this just let me know where to meet etc. see you Friday 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: