This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

WVCC 50th Anniversa...

Notifications
Clear all

WVCC 50th Anniversary Barbecue

19 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

[attachment=0:1i1ba36z]bbq-cartoon.jpg[/attachment:1i1ba36z][/align:1i1ba36z]
We're hoping that the rain will have ended by September(!) so we are to hold our 50th Anniversary Barbecue at the Bickerton Poacher (see http://www.bickertonpoacher.com), on 8th September at 4pm, giving those who wish to, a achance to ride out!

This is a great chance for us to get together, enjoy some good food and great company. As with our hugely successful club dinner, this event is open to club members, and previous club members, to come along and join in the celebration!

Tickets will be on sale shortly and will be priced at £10 per person. Tickets are available to buy from Graham Gregory, contact Graham by phone on 01606 891400 or via email at graham@weavervalleycc.org.uk.

Tickets will be sold, first come, first served, and there are limited numbers - so don't delay!

kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Can you put me down for a couple of tickets please?

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Ady, wHat are the arrangements for riding out? Are we meeting at the Legion, is so, what time? Riding back would be fun too!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@Eleanor wrote:

Ady, wHat are the arrangements for riding out? Are we meeting at the Legion, is so, what time? Riding back would be fun too!

Hi Eleanor, I think the proposed time was 14:00(?) for those who are interested. I'll firm this up tomorrow night.

ReplyQuote
(@andy-a)

Myself and Titch were pondering on riding out. 14:00 should give us plenty of time to get there.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

I want to ride out 🙂 but depends on the pace I guess

ReplyQuote
(@andy-a)

It'll be a steady ride. No one wants to turn up to a big social event all sweaty and out of breath! Even Titch... I hope... 😆

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Haha ok I will cycle out 🙂 2pm legion?

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Ride Out to the Barbecue:

14:00 Hartford British Legion. This will be a steady paced run out to the barbecue at the Bickerton Poacher, Malpas.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Ady a steady pace Mmm define hahaha, I am back on the bike but should I leave an hour earlier hahaha glad to be back 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Up to those who turn up in terms of pace. It's a social event at th barbecue, so it'll need to be a nice steady (14-15mph) pace - otherwise, everyone ill turn up too early!
I won't be riding out. TT beforehand. 🙂

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

I shan't be riding. Got a date at the specialized shop in chester, and a race the next day!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@kris wrote:

I shan't be riding. Got a date at the specialized shop in chester, and a race the next day!

That sounds exciting... new bike or a bike-fit session?

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

That sounds good Ady I will ride out and maybe get picked up 🙂 might down load my own route just in case it's a fast pace, see you all tomorrow and good luck with the TT

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@les1 wrote:

That sounds good Ady I will ride out and maybe get picked up 🙂 might down load my own route just in case it's a fast pace, see you all tomorrow and good luck with the TT

I wouldn't worry abot the pace Les, it won't take tw hours to get there even at a crawl! (That's not suggesting that your pace is a crawl of course. Right, I'll stop digging now....!) 🙂

I'll need more than luck, I'll need legs. Had over a week of the bike until last night 😯 so i'll just murder it and see how I get on!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: