This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Tour-De-France Camp...

Notifications
Clear all

Tour-De-France Camping Details

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hello All, Any Club Member wanting more details re-camping and directions etc send me an E Mail and I'll reply with what Rod as forward to me 🙂
ASilver@awtxglobal.com

(@woody)
Honorable Member

Whoop woop off tomorrow!

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

I can just imagine it 😆 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
(@paul-h)
Eminent Member

Fortunately nothing like your photo!

Great weekend and smashing company. Thanks to Ady / Alan / Jim for all your planning and getting us safely to not one but three great viewing points over the two days.

Ady hope you got home safe and dry.

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Amazing weekend. Can't wait for Ady's blog & photos.

So much love for Weaver Valley too! People taking photos & a houting Oi oi Weaver Valley. All a bit surreal but nice to see the club has a reputation!

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Ey up, lovely jubely 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The trailer has landed. Not a drop of rain. Massive blog to follow....

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Lets start with the Thank You's for making one of the best weekends I've ever had with the club.
Firstly Rod for making us so welcome and providing such a lovely setting ,not by any means a field but an orchard, bit wet Friday night but perfect Saturday & Sunday,
Thanks Ady,Graham,Ann,Woody,Jimmy, Paul Harding, Paul West,Malc,Dave, Caroline,Gary,Mary,Kev and Jack you All made it the weekend it was. Woody is not a camping virgin anymore but next time mate you'l need a bit more than a packet of biscuits,2 tubs of pringles,2 chairs ,airbed and a WV mug. great to have your company travelling to and from mate.
Ady. great route out to Otley then to Harrogate, your epic rides there and back certainly generated interest with the locals 100m from home and as Woody says they knew who WVcc are.
Jimmy . I'm still laughing about the airbed I've got a big patch for that hole it was'nt getting wet in the rain while blowing it up it was me crying with laughter.Your face when the gazebo blow away and you were left sitting there eating a spam butty PICTURE 😆
You were ALL great company during the day and nights sounded like a lot of airbed leaking and we had'nt had any beans all weekend..
Best of all we found the CAKE 😀

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Well it was a great weekend, thanks to al who camped, really you couldn't have scripted my camping woes...I'm just glad to have provided a little entertainment along the way...my polo mint air bed, wigwam tent (you had to be there) and gazebo cloth are all stilling the car, the gazebo metal work is now in the scrap in at work (less a couple of pieces I case it comes in handy for something)
Have these experiences put me off...NO WAY
The best cycling weekend since Paul Rigby and Carl Ruebotham got a hair dryer out of a saddle bag on a YHA weekend to Llangollan in the 80's

For those who didn't go.... You don't know what you missed, we all had a great time.

Thanks again all for the company and the crack .....

Oh and the TdF was alright as well.

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

I'm a man of few words so only one word necessary ....... Excellent.

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Sounds fantastic! We were in Harrogate (with old friends) and saw Jim all on his own outside a church, he said he'd lost you all, but the people in the church had taken pity on him and given him tea and sandwiches, trust Jim to benefit from divine intervention! We wore club kit and got loads of "Weaver Valley" shouts too, and a few people told us that they'd seen a group of you out and about. I love the sound of the club YHA weekends of yesteryear, we'd be up for a revival of that tradition!

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Cracking blog Ady, we had a real good time...

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Great blog Ady

Sorry I had to miss it even more now 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Great blog Ady! Will send over some pics I have for the gallery!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Cheers matey, that would cool.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: