This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

THANK YOU!!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Great Big Thank You from Gary & Myself to ALL that helped at the RR today Marshals,Drivers,Caterers,First Aid & Signing On. glad it stayed dry for us all and the race kept us busy.
Another well run race Eleanor, we've had to call on all our resourses over the past couple of weeks because there's so much going on, so if you can help with next Saturdays Para TT then Nick's Cyclo Cross it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Al 🙂

(@tonyb)
Eminent Member

I would just like to reiterate what Alan said! and say a big thank you to everybody involved, another great well organised day.

Tony

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Can I also say thank you to everyone involved in today's race - what a team! To Alan and Garry for setting up the course and organising our marshals - to Ann for the challenging job of managing the signing on - to our drivers who kept an eye on the front and back of the race -to Steph our first aider - to Kev C, Elaine and Penny and all those who got stuck in with refreshments - to Graham for setting out the hall and to Ady for taking some fantastic photos (including the one below) - to all of you wonderful marshals who gave up your Sunday morning ride to make the race safe and possible - THANK YOU!!! We were also fortunate in having Tom Greep and a fantastic team of officials and judges, and of course our two NEG riders too. And then to our riders - Tony and Kev, who did so well, and our second-claim riders Giles (who came 6th!) and Titch - thanks for entertaining us all.

The race was fast and furious. An encounter with a horse on the first lap split the bunch and those who got stuck behind the horse ended up having to fight really hard to catch back - Kev was one of these and he said it took a big effort to catch the bunch and then recover. Then youngster George Evans (Mid Shropshire Wheelers) broke away, building a gap of up to a minute. The bunch controlled the situation however and by the penultimate lap this gap was down to 20 seconds, and this lead was whittled away entirely on the last run along the A559, at which point the bunch was once again together. However a nasty crash at the bottom of the hill in Dark Lane caused havoc, with many riders (including Tony and Titch) held up (Tony fell but seemed to get away with a few grazes and no doubt some nasty bruises). Giles was in the front group in front of the crash and he competed for the sprint finish, coming sixth, with Rhodri Owen (unattached) winning the race, and Ryan Ellis (NFTO Race Club) a very close second. Kevan was proud of the fact that he was the oldest rider in the race - and he did really well, staying in contention and, despite being caught behind the crash in the last lap, he managed to ride in as 18th fastest rider (48 riders started).

As an organiser the day was very enjoyable, with so many people helping and in Tom Greep, a wise and experienced chief commissaire taking all the pressure off me in terms of the race itself. (Tom's asked me to pass on his thanks to you all). The riders were cheerful and polite and they seemed genuinely appreciative of the efforts the club makes to allow them to race.

Thanks everyone![attachment=0:31a1j4r3]autumn rr.jpg[/attachment:31a1j4r3]

ReplyQuote
Share: