This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

On the mend

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@craig-lee)
Topic starter  

After being discharged from hospital on Friday, I am now hopping around our 3-bed semi in Weaverham with the aid of a zimmer. It's a relief to be home but it's only short-lived as I'm booked in to Aintree hospital tomorrow for facial reconstruction (my left cheek was crushed when I face-planted the road after going over the bonnet) 🙁 . Hopfefully require only an over-night recovery stay.

To summarise my ailments, I've broken my hip, collar bone, thumb and cheek. I'm off work / bike for 6-8 weeks minimum.

Thanks to all well-wishers including my MP and Geoff and Emma Prince of North Cheshire Clarion CC. Also the unnamed student nurse who cared for me as I lay unconcious in the road for several minutes.

The motorist admitted fault at the scene -there was little I could have done to prevent the impact and BC is handling my case. So far so good though I can imagine the motorist's insurer will do everything possible to avoid coughing up as is the way with motorist v biker cases. The police will present the case to the CPS who will decide whether to prosecute. The fact that the motorist stayed at the scene and held her hand up may stand in her favour and I can imagine the weasel words "not in the public interest" being used as the CPS decide they have bigger fish to fry. Campaigns such as The Times 'Save our Cyclists', launched the day after my crash, may or may not concentrate the prosecutors' minds.

I'm gutted to miss Llanberis - I hope everyone has a safe journey.

Craig Lee

(@johnk)
Estimable Member

Hi Craig,
Great to hear from you. get better very soon. Good luck with the case too. Hope to see you out and about before too long.
John

ReplyQuote
(@craig)
Estimable Member

Good to hear that you are on the mend, can't imagine such a long period off my bike, my thought are with you, wishing you a speedy recovery.

ReplyQuote
(@alank)
Trusted Member

Hi Craig,
Still sounds very painful but at least you are out of hospital . Once again , good luck and best wishes for a very speedy recovery.
Alan

ReplyQuote
(@alans)
Trusted Member

Top of the list for Wobbly Wheeler so far Craig,
seriously though hope to see you out again soon good luck with the recovery
ALAN S

ReplyQuote
Share: