This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Llanberis 2012

38 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin

@JimW wrote:

Could I have it as a tcx file

You won't need a TCX file, as that has all the Garmin training information on it. GPX is perfectly good enough, and can be imported into most GPS systems.

ReplyQuote
 phil
(@phil)
Trusted Member

for all the people who cant make the weekend,why not ride out to ruthin on the saturday,then get your selfs off home 💡

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@AndyH wrote:

Regarding "no need to use GPS" - you guys will have long dissappeared over the horizon..

..I'll ride off the back with you..!!!

ReplyQuote
(@alank)
Trusted Member

By heck, all this modern technology just for a bike ride!

I remember when !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!

Ps Hope I don`t get lost on the way now!

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

I'm not riding behind Ady again after last year! Thanks to his Garmin GPS we went right round the houses, riding up what could only be described as a vertical drop of a mountain and arriving over an hour behind everyone at Ruthin!! 😆

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@woody wrote:

I'm not riding behind Ady again after last year! Thanks to his Garmin GPS we went right round the houses, riding up what could only be described as a vertical drop of a mountain and arriving over an hour behind everyone at Ruthin!! 😆

That was after I chased after you, wondering why you'd not turned right, to cut across to the bottom of the climb to Treuddyn, but look at the valuable climbing training you got from it, and how much you will have enjoyed your beans on toast at the cafe!!
😉

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

lol it was very valuable!!

ReplyQuote
(@craig)
Estimable Member

I plan to meet you in Ruthin on the Sunday for the return leg, Steve said he will join me, anyone else is welcome

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

@Carol R wrote:

Can't go 🙁

Now who am i gonna natter to all day?!

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

I know Im gutted!!!! We'll have to have a good catch up next time you're out!!! But Im sure they'll be plenty of other people for you to natter to, and I'll want to know all about it when you get back!! 😆

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

@Craig wrote:

I plan to meet you in Ruthin on the Sunday for the return leg, Steve said he will join me, anyone else is welcome

I might try and join you on this Craig. Just depends what time you're leaving etc!!!

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

@alank wrote:

By heck, all this modern technology just for a bike ride!

I remember when !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!

Ps Hope I don`t get lost on the way now!

Alan are you talking about the war? spare tubs around necks, you lads on paper tyres [thats wot Alan Littlemore used to call tubs!!]

ReplyQuote
(@paull)
Eminent Member

On day two out off Ruthin do not turn off the main road but stay on the A494 - we regroup at the Motel at the summit.

ReplyQuote
(@andyh)
Trusted Member

Sorry for delay - been away past week. Thanks once again Paul for the route correction. I still haven't received any corrections to the route through Chester but for now, the route files can be downloaded, until 22nd March via these links (take your pick of prefered file format):

GPX: rapidshare.com rapidshare.comLlanberisDraft2.gpx?bin=1
TCX: rapidshare.com rapidshare.comLlanberisDraft2.tcx?bin=1
CRS: rapidshare.com rapidshare.comLlanberisDraft2.crs?bin=1
or, if you want to look at it in Google Earth (which let's you do a flyby in 3D):
KML: rapidshare.com rapidshare.comLlanberisDraft2.kml?bin=1

If I get any further feedback I'll make a final version before the ride.

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Hi Jim,

Yes it's a .TCX file. Alternatively just use your cyclists sixth sense and follow your instincts on whch way to go. This is a much more interesting method and it doesn't half get you fit!

Ta

Dave

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: