This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Hello from WVCC Bri...

Notifications
Clear all

Hello from WVCC Brisbane Branch

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@maxtaylor)
Topic starter  

Aye up, one and all at Weaver Valley! Hey Llanberis again, that soon came round. We're running a book here on Fox Sports 😆
Is there any Silverware for cake eating? Wow, the size of that carrot cake! I reckon once you're over Denbigh High St, you'll roll in like a steam train! Had a cake stop meself an a few others, long ride, doing hill reps up Mt Cootha, a Vietnamese bakery, pies and Chocolate Gateaus- I'm becoming very cultured 😆 Weather report: Just coming to the end of summer here, cooling down a bit 🙄 Had quite a lot of rain, we caught the back end of Cyclone Oswald, that was lively enough, wouldn't want to be in the middle of one! Couple of the fella's I ride with had their houses flooded, crazy weather the world over. There was a few grumbles the other morning (5am) about how cool it was, arm warmers were mentioned, this is where I tutted and 🙄 & told em tales of riding in snowdrifts & carrying yr bike over yr shoulder...........the looks of 😯 and screams of "Crikey" and mutters of "crazy poms" ha ha.....okey dokey folks, all have a good weekend, stay upright and safe riding. Off to the pub now, be back on line soon to see how it all went ❗ All the best, Max.

(@woody)
Honorable Member

😆 great post Max, glad you're ok. Missed you this weekend at Llanberis.

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Hello Max, it's good to hear from you! Sounds like you're having a great time in Oz. We missed you this weekend, you would have loved the climb up the Sportsman in the snow! And the descent down to Betwys y Coed which was so cold that I thought I'd lost all my fingers and all my toes at the bottom. That was quite useful in motivating me to work hard on the climb up to Capel Curig where the warm cafe beckoned with tea and cake...but whilst we were in there, all those who had been behind us sneaked past without stopping, leaving those of us in the cafe last out on the road to Pen y Pass ..a dastardly trick if you ask me. I'm sure they wouldn't do that sort of thing out your way! The ride back was straightforward other than several punctures in the forest caused by drawing pins: we appear to have been upsetting the locals. Anyway we are all safely back home now, and looking forward to our curry tonight. Kev's asleep upstairs having exhausted himself working hard all weekend as my personal domestique. Best wishes to you and all in the WVCC Brisbane branch!!!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@MaxTaylor wrote:

Aye up, one and all at Weaver Valley! Hey Llanberis again, that soon came round. We're running a book here on Fox Sports 😆

Streuth Max, well done on having now posted 2 entries on the forum - you are now in the digital age well and truly! There's no going back now, and we expect regular club run reports. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: