This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Barrie Jones

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@nofear)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Below is a short e-mail I just received from Angela Jones and Barrie's daughters Mandy and Carol with the sad news that Barrie lost his fight against cancer yesterday. Barrie and Angela joined our club a few years back when they moved into their home in castle but as his health was not too good in recent years we usually only saw them at club dinners. Barrie was a cyclist through and through and his whole family followed in his enthusiastic wheel-tracks. He was very proud of his daughters Carol and Mandy as Carol rode for GB on several occasions and Mandy was World Ladies Road Race Champion back in 1982 when the championship was held at Goodwood in the UK. I'm sure that they were as proud of him as he was of them and I remember Barrie as a larger than life character who always put a smile on your face whenever you met him. Rest in peace Barrie and best wishes to his family.

Dear Friends,

We are sorry to have to give you the sad news of the passing of Barrie on the 20th September 2014.
Barrie was loved and cared for in the comfort of his own home and passed away peacefully in the early hours of Saturday morning surrounded by his family.
Such sad news to all Barrie's friends and family.
RIP Barrie.

For enquires about his funeral/memorial service(to be decided), please contact George Bell Funeral Services, Northwich. Tel.01606 42534. Family flowers only please.
Donations if desired to the Christie Hospital or St Luke's Hospice, Winsford, Cheshire.

Kind Regards
Angela, Mandy and Carol

Share: