This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Club Event Sunday 1...

Notifications
Clear all

Club Event Sunday 14th July

42 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Titch's Hill Climb Day
new event cobble climb Bollington

Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

Hi All, as Al has already pointed out this is going to be a special event very much like the freewheel competition held in february.
The climb is up Beeston Brow which is a cobbled climb in Bollington which has a nice gradient of about 17% average for around a Mile. there will be a trophy for the winner (Presented at the club dinner) along with a Polka dot jersey (which may have to be ordered after to accommodate for sizing) the event is totally free to enter and will simply be a bit of harmless fun which will hopefully entice people to put some good climbing legs on and give us a bit of a show.
The set-up is simple, riders go off 30 seconds apart and will be timed (the same as the club 10's) I'm hoping for this to be an annual event which people look forward to and enjoy.
I hope you will all support me in making this a great event, any volunteers for photography duties and time keepers please pop me a message it will be greatly received and I'll make sure you're topped up with coffee and cake at the cafe stop afterwards.
Thanks,

Titch
(See attached the jersey design sponsored by Carl Zeiss)

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

If I win, can I have a Zeiss lens instead? 😉

I'd settle for a Zeiss 85mm f1.4 T Planar ZF.2 Lens for Nikon of course.... 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

don't think their pockets are quite that deep Ady, unfortunately

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

sounds great Titch, I missed the down hill earlier this year, I am sure this will make up for it 😀

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

I'm sure it will Jim, although you have to do Al's freewheel comp next year. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

This is great Titch. Well done for sorting this out, I think as a club we can proud of you for pulling this together.

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

Thanks woody, although I'm sure it's not as much organisation as the Cheshire classic or other events that the club hold. My way of giving back to the club 😀

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

I wouldn't compare it to those, nor worry about it either. Everything takes spare time and thought. You can be proud of this, you've got off your arse, thought of an idea, pulled it together & got prizes on board too and what's more no one has to pay a penny. Good on you.

ReplyQuote
(@kevin-c)
Trusted Member

The Cobble Climb Classic...its got a nice ring to it.

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

Cheers woody 🙂 it does have a ring to it Kev and I will consider it as the 'official' name. However I did think of 'cobble wobble' but I like the 3 C's from your suggestion I'll have a think.

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Great idea Titch and well done you're a good'un. 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

Cheers Dave it would be good to see you on this if you're not preoccupied with TT's?
Thanks for all the support guys and its great to see its vein well received. 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member

Im Gutted , this sounds so much fun but im away for a gig in Tewksbury that weekend. I hope it goes great and will have a chance next year!

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

My previous message should have read, 'being well received' not 'vein'
Sorry to hear that you can't make it Jamie, but provided its well attended this year it will go ahead next year so you can try your hand at uphill cobbles 😀

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: