This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

30th June - Long Ru...

Notifications
Clear all

30th June - Long Run to Prees

30 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Looking forward to this Sundays ride to prees and it looks like its going to be fine 😀 , and not too windy after last weeks gales! 😥

Who is coming out and who is leading this ride, is it to the transport Cafe or does it go somewhere else?

(@jules)
Honorable Member

I'll be out and it's the transport cafe. Can you load a route if I send you a link to one of my old ones. I'll lead and you can be the pathfinder 😉

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Sound like a plan

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Jim,

Load it up mate

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/163654501

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

Those of us daft enough to be doing a 600k might see you there, if our eyes are open, as it is a control. It will only be 530k into our "long"run. ❗

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member

Im hoping too as its been a few weeks since Ive been out but its 50/50 atthe mo

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

@JimDuffy wrote:

Looking forward to this Sundays ride to prees and it looks like its going to be fine 😀 , and not too windy after last weeks gales! 😥

Who is coming out and who is leading this ride, is it to the transport Cafe or does it go somewhere else?

To quote Jim Royle.... "long run....my ar*e". It's not worth putting your bike shoes on for less than 100 miles, ask Dave Fearon 😆

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@JimW wrote:

@JimDuffy wrote:

To quote Jim Royle.... "long run....my ar*e". It's not worth putting your bike shoes on for less than 100 miles, ask Dave Fearon 😆

Ok Jim, we all know your becoming an audax champion, so our short, long runs don't mean much to you 😉
I just hope your chain doesn't fall off! 😆

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Are we running a sweepstake at what mile Jim will have issues with his gears?

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Or Sid gets a puncture! 😆

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

I'll be there, bringing up the rear with my bag of tricks and spare air :D. No point in rushing as you get less value for money 😆

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Ok Jim, we all know your becoming an audax champion, so our short, long runs don't mean much to you 😉
I just hope your chain doesn't fall off! 😆

Now I know why you have that great big saddle bag Jim, it's to carry all of those tools and spare bits. For proper long rides like the ones that you 'ard Audax men do, I normally take that little Carradice Junior saddlebag that I lent you, as that is plenty big enough for the essentials (a**se cream, Mars bar and a roll of gaffer tape). 😉

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

A fine summers day brought a great turnout at the club this morning, the short ride was off to Chester while the long ride opted for a trip to Lyns Transoprt Café at Prees.

A large group of about fifteen rider left including myself, Jules, Tony, Kev C, John K, Carol (getting back in the swing of things), Craig, Lee, Phil and his son Jacob, Jamie, Ewart, Rob, sorry not sure of his name but the guy riding the Raleigh bike & Mark Hassall (sorry if I missed anyone.

We set off down Whitegate, Oulton Park, Beeston and one to Malpas at a nice steady Pace, then on to the café all incident free, arriving quite early for a long ride, about 11:30, somewhere along the way, Mark & Craig dropped off and Lee turned back at the Café.

As usual on a Sunday, when we arrived it was packed, and there where a mass of motor bikes in the car park, we all stood in the queue for about 15 mins to place our order, Jamie went for a massive full English surprisingly, we didn't see it again on the way back 😆 Ewart was laughing at his own jokes as usual 😕 and Jules was getting stressed cos the complication of adding sausages to his order meant it everyone (bar Jamie) had finished before he had even got his. That said he wasn't too bothered as he was trying to find ways he could avoid getting back for 2:30 so Elaine would have to go to B&Q at Crewe on here own 😆

We left the café and went down a rather pleasant country lane opposite, with the wind on our backs, we were flying. Heading towards Dagfields, we were in single file as the road was a bit busy, Jules was leading us out, with me second, riding steady, and some random and slightly overweight guy, had the audacity to over take us, I could see Jules thinking "your avin a laugh", and after about 5 seconds he lost his cool and went for it and flew past him, followed by me, Tony, young Jacob and probably a couple more. We turned right and the guy followed us, he stuck in the pack chatting for a few miles, probably thinking " I am not going to try that one again"

John K, Phil & Jacob dropped off, great ride by Jacob, he is such a strong rider and only 15. He rides at the Velodrome with James risk and Elliot. He certainly is a star in the making and will have a great future.
On the way out of Middlewich , up a slight incline on the A54, Tony B did a Ewart and hit the front for the first time coming out of my slip stream, he won the sprint that wasn’t a sprint too Bostock road, we left him hanging out front for a mile or so, then the guy on the Raleigh flew past, Jules lost it again, that was it, we were off again, Jules, Me, Ewart & Kev were in Time Trial mode, we soon dragged the Raleigh in, and Tony soon after, by the time we got to Bostock / Davenham roundabout we were miles ahead of everyone else (sorry guys) never to be seen again.

Fantastic day, route was fab, great group of riders.

I finished with 85 miles on the clock and a nice sun tan

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Great blog Jim. Got home just as Mossy was leaving 😉 table didn't fit in my car 🙁

Really enjoyed today with great company. Jacob is becoming a force to be reakoned with, which is great to see 🙂 hopefully see him out on a Saturday soon.

See you all next week.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

It was fab 😎 I had a great time even with the testosterone on overdrive a couple of times 🙄 (that's from the guys not me 😆 )
See you all soon 😀

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: