This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Sleeveless tops?

32 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Claire, I hate getting tan lines half way up by arm - any chance of us commissioning a sleeveless top, even if just for the girls? I don't know how the blokes feel about them - triathletes wear them, but roadies don't seem very keen on them (although rumour has it that Steve T was wearing one today, maybe he'd just cut the sleeves off his?!) I imagine you would probably need a minimum order?

phil
(@phil)
Trusted Member

tan lines...just dont wear a top.......... 😆

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@Eleanor wrote:

Hi Claire, I hate getting tan lines half way up by arm - any chance of us commissioning a sleeveless top, even if just for the girls? I don't know how the blokes feel about them - triathletes wear them, but roadies don't seem very keen on them (although rumour has it that Steve T was wearing one today, maybe he'd just cut the sleeves off his?!) I imagine you would probably need a minimum order?

Steve was wearing one on the run on Sunday, as he's preparing his tan for his holiday, where he'll be wearing his mankini. He's doing Wednesday's TT in his sleeveles top and Speedos...

😉 😆

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@phil wrote:

tan lines...just dont wear a top.......... 😆

🙄 😆

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

I'm with Eleanor on this one!!! Steve was wearing his gilet as his top today!! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@Carol R wrote:

I'm with Eleanor on this one!!! Steve was wearing his gillet as his top today!! 🙂

No, it was no gilet, but a proper club top without sleeves, pre-dating our current gear as Steve will tell you. Looks like he's going to start a whole new trend here... like a cycling Gok Wan... 😉

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Haha I thought it was his gilet!!! We were having this conversation in the cafe yesterday!! Maybe we can have some more tops like his then!! We need to get Claire on the job 😀

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Hi Claire,

Can I order a "I'm not with this lot" t-shirt at the same time as the sleeveless tops order?

Thanks
Andy

ReplyQuote
 phil
(@phil)
Trusted Member

i would just be happy with a short sleeve top.

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

+1 sleeveless top.

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

Hi Sleeveless top brigade,

Eleanor put me in the direction of this thread which I missed. Please add your name to the list below if you would buy a sleeveless/triathlon top, or a triathlon skinsuit. I guess sleeveless tops would be £45, and triathlon skinsuits around £80. We need a minimum of 10 items per order, but I would buy with a few less pre-orders than that. Cut and paste the list and add your name.

Triathon top

Eleanor Underhill
Kris Zentec
Claire Robson

Triathlon skinsuit

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Hi Claire / everyone interested,

Please note that you cannot ride road races or time trials with sleeveless tops / skinsuits as both the CTT and BC insist on cap sleeves as a minimum. However as everyday bike wear on a hot sunny day they are great.

ClaIre - Please put Caroline and me down for a sleeveless top each, both Large.

Cheers

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Claire, updated list as requested:

Triathon top

Eleanor Underhill
Kris Zentek
Carol Robson (medium)
Dave Fearon (large)
Caroline Fearon (large)
Adrian Japp (large)

We don't have to pay commission to Steve 'the fashion god' Thomas do we?
😉

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Ady, I know I've not seen you for a couple of weeks but I'm most upset you've forgotten my name 🙁
Claire, can I have a medium please? Thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@Carol R wrote:

Ady, I know I've not seen you for a couple of weeks but I'm most upset you've forgotten my name 🙁

Don't blame me, I only copied the post and added the Fearons ('cos Dave can't read instructions and is a bit of a tech dinosaur) and me. 😛

By magic, you'll see it change.

That okay Mrs Robinson?

😉

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: