Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Tim Watts
    Participant
    #34939 |

[align=center:ucj0zvgc]Weaver Valley Cycling Club
    Dinner and Prize Presentation Evening

Saturday 5th February 2011
    7.00pm for 7.30pm

Winnington Recreation Club

Guest Speaker Sarah Storey
    British Cycling Paralympic Champion
    Ticket £16.50
    Under 16s £10

Raffle prizes on the night please!
    Please contact
    Dave McKay davemckay73@yahoo.co.uk 01606 301501
    Graham Gregory graham.p.Gregory@btinternet.com 01606 891400
    with your menu choices

Cheques payable to Weaver Valley CC.

Menu
    ~
    STARTER
    Vegetable soup served with warm bread roll
    Brussels pate served with toast
    Breaded camembert with cranberries
    ~
    MAIN
    Pork steak and mushrooms in cream and brandy sauce
    Poached salmon with white wine and dill sauce
    Chicken breast fillet wrapped in bacon
    Pasta with mushrooms and cream sauce
    ~
    DESERT
    Apple pie served with cream
    Lemon Cheesecake
    Hot chocolate fudge cake
    ~
    Tea or Coffee
    [/align:ucj0zvgc]

Claire.O
    #38247 |

An e-mail I had from John Horsfield:

Claire, the Windtex arrived this morning just as I was heading for work. Couldn’t wait to open it so did it on the spot in the garden.
    WOW, fantastic. This is more than a jersey, I really do feel very special and spoilt.
    This morning I was up at sparrows whatsit (5.00am) and on the bike for 2 hours down our famous Beach Road. It was 11 deg C (cold in my terms), still dark, and the Windtex would have been ideal. Next time, in fact it looks so good I might even go out again tomorrow morning.
    Again, thank you and the club so very much.

Yes we did enjoy the club dinner, just so very glad we came, it was extrordinary.
    And as for the crystal glasses the club gave Cecily, that really was over the top however they are paraded everytime we have visitors, don’t dare use them incase hamfisted John breaks them.

Great to meet so many old and new faces and yes whilst I may have been instrumental in starting the club I’d have to acknowledge that to get it to where it is today is because of good people like yourself.

Thank you for a memorable time.

Yes I’ve seen the pix and we have some of our own which we must get to you. Unfortunately they are large so maybe drop them off in July.
    I’ll put a couple in a separate email anyway.
    Some of the people I would not have recognised again if I fell over them in the street, but others the likes of Dennis Hornby, who from my memory is the image of his father, and Ann I surely would recognise
    Ricky Leese I would not have recognised, in fact I didn’t when I stood by him at the bar. Also humbled by his efforts to travel from Brisbane…….

And as for Dave Norton, Gilb Ellis, Vince Brady, all these people were very, very special.
    The one person I didn’t get to shake the hand of was Tim Hammond, pity he was working.

Lots of nostalgia, glad I’m not sat here saying “wished I’d have gone”

Thanks again Claire and please pass on both Cecily and my thanks for the very kind hospitality and memories of the 50th Club dinner.

Cheers

J & C

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Social’ is closed to new topics and replies.