Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Andy Wood
    Participant
    #36798 |

One of my favourites. Entered.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46854 |

i have entered this, only my second open 10 of the year, and no doubt the last!

nofear
    Participant
    #46855 |

One of Woody’s favourite events today, the Withy Wheelers 10 at Chelford. I think it remains one of his favourites as today he did a PB on a windy day knocking 8 seconds of his previous PB with a 24:05 (24.91 mph ave)! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ This was painfully close to beating the magic 25 mph barrier at just 5 seconds short so I predict that Woody is going to end the season with a quicker 25 PB than his 10 PB when he rides the Stone Wheelers 25 at Blythe Bridge on 13th September. If he doesn’t beat the hour in that event he wants shooting (no pressure Woody). ๐Ÿ˜‰ Great ride that today on a lumpy course and with a stiff wind, well done.

Our second fastest solo rider today was Bill Campbell who came down from the mountains to knock out a 24:33 (24.44 mph ave). Great ride as always Bill and you’ll have to come out on club-run one day as most of our members don’t know you! I know you live near Whalley Bridge but it would be great to see you out for a one off special appearance so we can have a natter.

Alan Shuttleworth has been triking a lot recently as Alan rides both trike and bike and has done so for many years. He smiled his way around as usual for a very respectable 29:03 (20.65 mph ave). Pretty impressive doing evens on a trike. I tried riding one years ago and couldn’t go in straight line (no comments please Ady as I know that I was not exactly riding in a straight line on the tandem on Wednesday evening)!

Special mention for Jim Duffy who wimped out today because it was raining this morning and he didn’t want to get his bike dirty. ๐Ÿ˜† Flippin’ fair weather cyclists!

Finally me and the missus rode the tandem and we were near the end just 2 minutes behind Commonwealth Games Silver medallist Andy Tennant riding for the Pro team, Madison Genesis. It was predictable in my opinion that we would catch him as we had two engines plus he only rides for just under 4 minutes in the team pursuit so obviously he would not last the distance for 20 minutes or so. You can therefore imagine my surprise when we crossed before the turn island and he was apparently over 1 minute up on us. Then just to add insult to injury we got caught just before the turn for 1 minute by Dave Crawley of Wrexham RC who was absolutely flying. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I therefore told Caroline to put her Kindle away as we would need to focus for the second half. She engaged the turbo charger and we made use of the cross-tail wind return to record a very satisfying 22:36 (26.55 mph ave). This gave us first place in the tandem race ………. but also last as there were no other tandems. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ It’s a tandem PB for Caroline though and a mixed tandem PB for me so that’s something to go for next season.

The solo race was won by Dave Crawley with a cracking 20:11. He beat Andy Tennant by 19 seconds so pretty impressive scalp to take that. Post-race chit chat was good at Siddington Village Hall so a great afternoon on the bike.

Cheers

Dave

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46856 |

Cheers Dave! Tough day out there, good luck at Hull tomorrow.

JimW
    Participant
    #46857 |

Woody….ooooooo! Even closer…..well done man….. ๐Ÿ˜€

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46858 |

if only Dave โ— , i would have gladly ridden in the rain, instead, i spent the day in the garden, character building in the rain ๐Ÿ™ , building a raised planter, digging a patio, moving sodden soil into a raised planter and filling the whole previously dug with 2 tonne of stone. Quite a productive day all in all.

But on the bright side, i can now go on my bike today ๐Ÿ˜€

PS. Great ride Woody

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #46859 |

Just read this. That was a fantastic ride Mr Wood. You are obviously doing everything right this season, so just keep at it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.