Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • nofear
    Participant
    #37186 |

Lee, Caroline, Alan and I rode this event on the popular local J2/1 course between Monks Heath and Booths Hall Island. Conditions were about as good as it get’s on here with a very light cross wind so pretty quick in all directions really.

Alan rode his trike to a 28:54 and was happy as this course negotiates a tight turn island and Chelford Island twice and tight bends are not good on 3 wheels. he was more than pleased with his ride and enjoyed the warm sunshine to boot.

Caroline also rode a good steady pace and managed to hold off the lady 1 minute behind so was pleased with her great 27:51.

I am getting use to my slightly raised gear and encouraged by my decent ride in the 50 a week earlier I had the confidence to push the pace slightly. I was more than happy to stop the clock with a 22:59, just sneaking inside a 23 which is not a million miles away from my usual sort of times on Cheshire when I’m training. I was delayed at Chelford going out so this was a good ride for me.

I predicted that Lee would take the win today based on recent form but he was pipped into second place by a mere 4 seconds by Ben McIntosh of Crewe Clarion Whls. However his time of 20:37 was fantastic and he joins a very elite club of riders who have done a 20 minute 10 on a sporting Cheshire course. Also the guy who beat him has been racing in Belgium all season and last year beat the all time record for the British Junior Best All Rounder competition so he is seriously quick. Lee was disappointed as people at his level see second place as a failure, but this is what drives them on and he will keep adjusting his training and every detail about the ride and the equipment in seek of perfection. Just remember to keep enjoying the journey Lee and don’t get too hung up on the destination.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.