Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • nofear
    Participant
    #35227 |

Hi all,

I’ve booked the first two track nights of the Winter Season at Manchester Velodrome. We normally kick off in October, but there are very few sessions available for hire this Winter, possibly because the squad are taking more track time due to Olympics next Year. So we couldn’t get a session in October. We do however have two sessions booked on 10th November and 8th December from 8PM – 10PM as usual.

I’ve had to increase the prices slightly this year because the track hire fee has gone up plus last season we ran at quite a loss because 3 of the track nights were badly attended, especially the club championship night which lost 100 pounds alone!

I managed to get quite a few guest riders from other clubs last Winter and I could get more, but I don’t want to have too many on the track at once as this would not go down well with club members. Therefore this Year I will send out reminders to all members a couple of times before each session and I will be asking people to let me know in advance if they will be attending. If numbers are low with one week to go I will try to get non-club members to come along to make up the numbers to a reasonable amount, so we break even.

So I urge experienced riders to support the track nights and blow out the cobwebs and novices to have a go as you will love the experience. We have different groups so there is no pressure to ride fast and new riders can get up the banking in their own time as they gain confidence.

Prices will be as follows: 16 and under – 5 pounds, WVCC over 16’s – 8 pounds, None WVCC over 16’s 10 pounds.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Dave F

kris
    Participant
    #39197 |

Away for the first, but sign me up for the second!

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #39198 |

8 pounds is still great value for money! Would definitely recommend the track sessions to anyone, I improved loads from going to them last year. Gutted we’re not starting until November but hopefully we can make for it later on – looking forward to it, nice one Dave!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Track Events/Sessions’ is closed to new topics and replies.