Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • nofear
    Participant
    #34782 |

Firstly an apology, as I’ve had a cock-up on the track night bookings. The Velodrome release available dates in batches after the Squad have booked their training sessions. There is a list of people waiting for dates and I am on that list.

An e-mail was sent out for the Autumn dates a couple of weeks ago but it either didn’t arrive in my inbox, or it was automatically diverted to my Junk mail box and subsequently deleted without me seeing it.

I contacted the velodrome last week to see why no dates had been released yet and they told me that most dates had already been taken until the end of the Year.

Therefore I’ve had to take what is available and so far this is Monday 6th December 8 – 10pm and Thursday 23rd December 8 – 10pm. If they get a cancellation for October or November they will let me know, but I’m not holding my breath as the demand for slots is very high.

I am not on their case daily for slots in Jan / Feb / Mar, but once again we have to wait for the squad to confirm their dates before anything becomes available. The whole thing is a bit of a lottery but that is the way it works.

I’ll update everyone as and when things progress please help by supporting the dates already booked. If you are definately going an e-mail / forum reply would be appreciated so I can get some external interest to make up the numbers if club demand is low on either date.

Thanks

Dave

nofearon@hotmail.com

AndyH
    Participant
    #37582 |

Dave,

Many apologies, I had it in mind the track nights were only in the new year and I’ve only just spotted you’ve got a track night on this Monday. If I can hire bikes for me and George at this late stage are there slots available for the two of us to come along and take part?

Cheers,
    Andy

nofear
    Participant
    #37583 |

No need to put down your name. If you’re coming just make sure you book your hire bikes by Sunday latest then turn up at about 7:40pm on Monday. Also note that there is another session this month on Thursday 23rd Dec.

See you Monday.

Ta

Dave

WinsfordDave
    Participant
    #37584 |

Looks like I won’t make it tonight to the Velodrome- I booked a size 54 bike so if anyone wants to go at the last minute the name against it is dave wright – you just need to get there and pay for the hire.

hope you all have a good evening
    Dave

AndyH
    Participant
    #37585 |

Thanks for the heads up Dave – bike would have suited me but I’ve had no reply from the track despite email and voicemail messages to book a bike for both me and George. So I won’t be there tonight sadly.

Thursday 24th is very appealing but not sure if I’ll get a pass out from the Missus with Xmas preps that close to hand. I’ll keep an open mind and see how the days leading up pan out.

Claire.O
    #37586 |

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed track night last night. After all this snow and ice, it was great to give the legs a turn….

It was also good to see so many new and beginner cyclists there ( well done, Hannah!), and wonderful to see nearly everyone there in club kit. I particularly enjoyed the Irish Pursuit (the opposite of ‘Italian’!) – it was hilarious!

Thanks to Dave and Caroline for organising it. All in all, brilliant fun!

NickB
    Participant
    #37587 |

Great session despite / because of a huge turnout – the scratch race was especially exciting! Thanks for organising it Dave

Jules
    Participant
    #37588 |

Thanks Dave and Caroline

Had a great night for the my first visit to the Velodrome. Didn’t want to leave and could have gone round all night 😀

Cannot wait until the next one on the 23rd.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Track Events/Sessions’ is closed to new topics and replies.