Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #36305 |

Dear Wild Wales Riders

Just to let you know that places are now very limited on the Wild Wales Challenge with 50 places left before we will have to close to accepting any further riders.

Please could you remind any of your club riders to enter so as not to miss out on this year’s event.

http://WWW.WILDWALESCHALLENGE.COM

Graham Lewis
    Merseyside CTC

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #44702 |

I may be interested in this, anyone else fancy it?

WinsfordDave
    Participant
    #44703 |

I’ve done this a couple of times in the past and it’s normally a well organised and low cost event and you get an amazing slate plaque for finishing. With it being bank hol we made a weekend of it & my son & I rode it while wives enjoyed relaxing around Bala. The local pubs are usually full of cyclists on Sat evening so all in all a good weekend. Some clubs ride out on Sat, do the Wild Wales on Sun and then ride back on Bank hol Mon so B & Bs soon get booked up. Just a few thoughts.

Earlier in the year I’d considered riding it but will now be away that weekend, maybe another year.
    Definitely recommend it

Simon H
    Participant
    #44704 |

I might be up for that Jim!

Paul
    Participant
    #44705 |

you doing it then jim? I may well enter

Jamie
    Participant
    #44706 |

I could be up for this aswell. If I havent been book for a show and people are going Ill join in 🙂

Shelagh
    Participant
    #44707 |

Chris is signed up for it. Meanwhile, I’ll be looking for somewhere round Bala that’s a little less bumpy 😆

phil
    Participant
    #44708 |

i have payed to do this but cant make it,,, any one wants my entry its yours free 😀

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #44709 |

@phil wrote:

i have payed to do this but cant make it,,, any one wants my entry its yours free 😀

Phil, I don’t mind if I do 😉 cheers, are you out Sunday to collect the entry? 😀

phil
    Participant
    #44710 |

ok its your,,,

nofear
    Participant
    #44711 |

Hi Phil,

Trying to contact Dylan about Sunday but don’t have his number can you either get him to call me or can you call me and give me his number please?

Cheers

Dave

phil
    Participant
    #44712 |

01606 597173

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #44713 |

Unfortunately, I had to retire from this event after just 10 miles due to a mechanical (i did manage to get back to the start though). The route looked really good for the bit I saw, i did 2200ft elevation gain over 20 miles.

As i have the route on the Garmin, it would be great if we could get a group one Sunday to go down to Bala early doors and ride it anyway. Let me know if your interested and i will try and arrange something.

total route is 82 miles and 10,000ft elevation gain.

http://www.wildwaleschallenge.com/Route.html

Chrisc
    Participant
    #44714 |

Simon and I completed it and we both now have a WWC slate each. Awesome day on the bike, loads of climbing and great company. Sick of the sight of high5 and gels now though. Time for a post curry beer! 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Other Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.