Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ady
    Keymaster
    #36921 |

I know it was my suggestion to all race in the Senior race but as I am spending Friday afternoon fell running in the Peaks I’m going to wimp out and race the shorter Vets race. See you all 8.00 on Sat to set up the course.

JimW
    Participant
    #47234 |

Now be honest Kev, you’re just being kinder to El, shorter race means less mud for her to clear when she cleans you bike ! 😆

ady
    Keymaster
    #47235 |

Jim have you met my wife or ever talked to her. She thinks the Easter bunny cleans our bikes.

JimW
    Participant
    #47236 |

😮 😮 😮 😮

Jules
    Participant
    #47237 |

Hope it goes well. Sorry I can’t be there to help this year. Where’s my G+T 😉

NickB
    Participant
    #47238 |

Cheers Jules – just about ready now at 9.45pm Fri evening. It been raining all week so is going to be muddy!

NickB
    Participant
    #47239 |

Good weather and a challenging course made for a great day – thanks to all the riders and especially all the fantastic support from WVCC members who gave up a full day to help out, the BC and NWCCA team who were brilliant as usual and Steph Kemp on first aid.

The event continues to grow with over 260 riders across the 5 events. An improved course and the addition of the new club banners along with the NWWCA league sponsor’s banners (Lazer Helmets) made it all look very professional I thought. Thanks also to Jack Gee cycles and the Bike Factory Chester for their sponsorship towards the prizes too.

Iain Young was placed well up in the senior event with Kev Underhill leading the Vets contingent of Tony Booth, Andy Boyle, Alan Shuttleworth and Dave Halman

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #47240 |

Well done on a great event Nick! Kev C did a great job of organising marshalling points throughout the day too! Great team effort today, really big event which ran smoothly.

Andrew Risk
    Participant
    #47241 |

Yes, excellent organisation Nick, everything went like clockwork and I heard many appreciative comments from riders as they were leaving.

Also had a quick chat with one of the commissaires at the end and he said he really likes coming to this event because it is so well organised which makes his job so much easier. Having travelled to many races with James over the last few years and seen the good, the bad and the down right ugly event organisation, I can’t agree more.

WELL DONE!!

Paul
    Participant
    #47242 |

just basically echoing what everybody else is saying. great organisation nick and a very good course.
    disappointed with a DNF; but considering I got home and slept for a good 3 hours it was probably best. 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Cyclocross’ is closed to new topics and replies.