Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • NickB
    Participant
    #36238 |

Round 5 of North West CCA league. Another successful event due to the fantastic help and support of so many WVCC members. The change from Sunday to Saturday seemed to go down well – club members can still enjoy their Sunday Run (although the weather might not be as good – thank goodness we got packed up before the thunderstorm!). Full results and a report at http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/cyclocross/article/cyx20131019-cycle-cross-Cross–Drake-wins-Weaver-Valley-Cross-0

Very good rides by WVCC team. Usual suspects of Tim, Matthew, Kev U, El, and good to see Dane, Titch, Tony, Derek , Paul H getting stuck into the mud. Ady took lots of photos too, which are probably already up on the gallery.

Generous sponsorship form The Bike Factory Chester and U12 prizes from Jack Gee Cycles Northwich helped boost the prize list. Thanks again to all helpers, it made my day!
    ๐Ÿ˜€

Paul
    Participant
    #44263 |

pretty sure I’ll be riding this year ๐Ÿ˜€ it’s on my calendar anyway

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #44264 |

Put me down for reading out numbers on the line again Nick!

Eleanor
    Participant
    #44265 |

Hi Nick, we will be entering.
    P.s. we have entered the 3 peaks cyclo x event. I am seriously nervous.

nofear
    Participant
    #44266 |

P.s. we have entered the 3 peaks cyclo x event. I am seriously nervous.

Now that’s a proper bike race Eleanor you’ll love it …. a piece of cake after all the adventure racing you’ve done in the past and you don’t even need a compass as it’s well marshalled. Incidentally if you were thinking of riding it on fixed ….. don’t!

Paul
    Participant
    #44267 |

unfortunately I was too late for that one eleanor otherwise it would have made 3 of us. last year’s was vile weather wasn’t it?

Claire.O
    #44268 |

Sorry I can’t help this year….

I will be at the National Cycling Centre taking my assessment for the Coaching level 1 course. After that I can instruct Gears level 1 and 2 workbook for Go-Ride.

I hope it goes well, and I have tried to give it some publicity on the social media etc.

Claire ๐Ÿ™‚

NickB
    Participant
    #44269 |

Good luck with your coaching assessment Claire. Just about all sorted for the Cyclo Cross. See you on the velodrome boards for the club track night 20 Dec ๐Ÿ˜€

dennis hornby
    Participant
    #44270 |

Hi Nick,
    Understamd there may be two seperate races for adults. One for seniors and juniors, the other for vets and women. Is this correct? Can you advise race start times?

Jules
    Participant
    #44271 |

@dennis hornby wrote:

Hi Nick,
    Understamd there may be two seperate races for adults. One for seniors and juniors, the other for vets and women. Is this correct? Can you advise race start times?

Hi Dennis,

First kids race at 11. Seniors race at 1400, full details on BC website.

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #44272 |

I’ll pitch up to grab some shots and help out.

NickB
    Participant
    #44273 |

Thanks to everyone who helped today. Lots of riders thanked us for putting on such a slick event and we had the results out very quickly too. I’ve put a short report and link to results at BC at the start of this thread and on blog page.

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #44274 |

Images in the gallery, or at direct link:

https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/gallery/?album=26

Well done to Eleanor for posing at the finish at my request!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Eleanor
    Participant
    #44275 |

Well that was great fun! Well done to Nick and Ann for putting on such a well run event. And thanks Ady for some cracking photos. It was impressive to see so many WVCC members this morning setting up the course in record time…and fabulous to have so many WVCC riders racing…and fantastic to have home support when riding round the course…Thanks everyone. And weren’t we lucky with the weather…a couple of hours later and it would have been a real mudfest. I think a special award should go to Alan Silver who spent hours manning the car park…

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #44276 |

Some great facial expression from Els ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Cyclocross’ is closed to new topics and replies.