Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alistair
    Participant
    #36751 |

Yesterday I got to ride, or should I say swim!, the Warrington RC 50 TT on the J4/16 course. I was the only Weaver Valley rider and out of the 60 or so entries there were quite a few DNS’s because of the weather. It was horrid, absolutely bucketing down form start to finish.

I got nicely soaked and warmed up on the way to the start. Once you’re wet you’re wet. Then it was a case of pacing the ride as I have done before but really concentrate on the road because as the ride went on the conditions just got worse to the point where the standing water was creeping towards the middle of the road in quite a few places which made reading the road and turns a bit dodgy. I got to 25 miles on the hour feeling good. The second 25 proved more of a challenge with more heavy rain. Put it this way, I had a drink with me but all I really needed to do was open my mouth as I was riding!! It was a case of gritting the teeth and grinding it out. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Anyway we eventually got to the finish pretty cooked and stopped the clock at 2:03:30 which considering the “lake like” conditions was pretty decent and 3 minutes off my PB on Cheshire. I’ll take that! ๐Ÿ™‚

Did I mention the conditions? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Testers always have an excuse ready!

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46645 |

Cracking ride considering the conditions, nice one Stannerz!

Chris G
    Participant
    #46646 |

Great ride Al in those conditions.. you forgot to mention the wind! ๐Ÿ˜‰

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46647 |

Great ride al, not quite sure reading the report, but did it rain? ๐Ÿ˜‰

nofear
    Participant
    #46648 |

Superb ride in the conditions Alistair. At least you weren’t put off by the potholes, as you couldn’t see them!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.