Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46436 |

Rich, I texted you earlier about the size

nofear
    Participant
    #46437 |

Hi Jim are you calling Tim as he doesn’t do the internet (wise man). He definitely needs tri-bars at least as I know that he is fit but last night he wasting a lot of energy pushing wind and then not recovering. In the words of Obi-wan Kenobi, “Never underestimate the power of the wind”, or words to that effect…. 😕

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46438 |

I have already sent him Richards numbers

Rich M
    Participant
    #46439 |

Tim’s coming over tonight to have a look at it

nofear
    Participant
    #46440 |

A great evening racing around the J2/9 tonight and the weather was good as well. We only had 1 team riding this year but despite questionable team work in last weeks 10 I think we got it right on the night.

Thanks to Rich Munro lending Tim his lo-pro and me lending him Jack’s aero helmet he really looked the part so long as you didn’t look too closely at his mountain bike boots. He did point out however that he had put on his thin socks rather than the usual scratchy hessian builders socks he normally rides in. 😆 The man was transformed as last week he blew up and shot out the back after 3 miles but tonight he just seemed to get faster and faster and as a result the whole team changed smoothly and kept the momentum going all the way to the finish. He declined my offer of borrowing a skin suit but I’m sure that the bug has bitten him now so it’s only a matter of time before he becomes a MAMIL.

Jim was strong and put in some strong turns on the front. I think he only had one moment of weakness when Tim hit the front just before the bridge on Twemlow Lane. It’s hardly Alpe D’Huez but Sherpa Rutherford clearly made the summit before a wilting Jim who could have done with oxygen for that final push to the summit!

I have ridden a few of these events before so I picked Chris as the man in front of me in the line-up. He has a great riding style as he just sits rock steady and turns the gear with no sudden accelerations plus he punches a big hole in the air. This gave me a nice cushy ride and left me nice and fresh for my contribution on the front.

Thanks to the Weaver Valley members who came out to give us a shout. I saw Jules. Nick B and his better half Anne (I think she was there, but it was all a blur). I also saw Sid at the start and Chris Knowles with Matt. There may have been others but Chris G was blocking my view.

Final result was a cracking 56:10 (26.7 mph) and 10th place out of 30 teams. Winners were Champion Systems with 52:42, 2nd Coveryourcar.com with 53:35 and 3rd DHR with 53:44.

Most teams finished with 3 riders but we rode well as a unit and finished with all 4 riders which was very satisfying. It’s a shame we stopped for a pint of shandy at the Edgerton Arms on lap 2 as we probably could have got top 3 otherwise. It was such a nice evening though, the pull of the beer garden was irresistable. 😉

Cheers

Dave

NickB
    Participant
    #46441 |

Well done guys – very smooth and rapid. Managed one reasonable snap and beat you back to Radbrook Hall from Chelford 🙂 [attachment=0:15h2cj2l]photo0510.jpg[/attachment:15h2cj2l]

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46442 |

Cracking evening, like Dave said, good to see support around the coarse, I also spotted Phil Booth on Tremlow Lane.

I dont think the problem was the half a shandy, it was time insisting on a pint! 😆

Really happy with the time, and indeed nearly 3 mins faster than i road last year, but when you consider the winner of last weeks 25 rode the coarse on his one and finished 4 mins quicker than us 😯 , with second only 3 secs behind, it just beggars belief on how fast some people are! 😕

Jim@HindeRacing
    Spectator
    #46443 |

A good ride all round it seems. A big well done from me and Dave to young Jacob who rode his first 25 and first team time trial and managed to stick in there with Sparky and “The Fidler” for 22 miles after Giles had to pull early. A 53.44 for his first 25, granted with a little help deserves recognition., well done 😀

Good ride all………………….

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46444 |

Photos from last nights 4up

http://www.kimroy-photography.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=273523&g2_page=8

And if you look closely, Jules is going the opposite way too 😆

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46445 |

Top result that, great time to get in the top 10. Well done to Tim sounds like a great ride. Gutted I couldn’t have been there.

Rich M
    Participant
    #46446 |

Well done lads, excellent time – that’s the fastest that my bike has been round that course!

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46447 |

some great photos here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203902861959401&set=pcb.10152061373006152&type=1&theater

[attachment=0:2t0wwjne]_2KN9765.jpg[/attachment:2t0wwjne]

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.