Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Andy Wood
    Participant
    #36703 |

Just putting it out there. I won’t be able to make the 4up. I’m away with work in Slovenia. Gutted doesn’t even come close, was really looking forward to it.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46407 |

thats unfortunate woody, but is a great reminder that we need to pull our finger out and get our entry’s in, first of all we need to find out who is up for it, i certainly am 😀 , can everyone else interested add the names to this so we can agree the best fit teams

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46408 |

Tim has confirmed he is up for this

Chris G
    Participant
    #46409 |

count me in

Alistair
    Participant
    #46410 |

I’m up for this one!

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46411 |

Well that’s a good start, and if no one else is interested, its quite a formidable team, Chris, Tim, Alistair, and me 😀

I suggest we give it until the end of the month for people to register interest

Are the fearons entering a team Dave?

nofear
    Participant
    #46412 |

Not sure what team Fearon are doing yet. Jack says he’ll ride and I will, but the other half of the team is as yet undecided. I think giving people until the end of the month is way too soon. The event doesn’t close until 7th June which is 2 months away and most people in the club haven’t even started racing yet. If we can get people to think about it and when they are ready post a note on this forum then I suggest we try and finalise the teams about 3 weeks before the event closes so 24th May, as by then we will have a few club tens in the bag so we will be able to judge who should be in what team.

Just a suggestion or you could end up with unmatched teams or people missing out on a ride.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46413 |

Happy to bow down to your experience on timing, I was just concerned as I recall a limit on entries last year and don’t want us to miss out.

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46414 |

Last year I think we were able to get 2-3 club 10s in to see where everyone was at.

nofear
    Participant
    #46415 |

Happy to bow down to your experience on timing, I was just concerned as I recall a limit on entries last year and don’t want us to miss out.

No problem, I make allowances for your youthful enthusiasm! 😆 Time trialling is a civilised sport so you don’t need to rush to get your entries in like with running, as entries are not accepted on a first come, first serve basis. When the closing date arrives, entries are accepted base on qualifying times, so the fastest 120 or 150 depending on limit are accepted.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46416 |

@nofear wrote:

If we can get people to think about it and when they are ready post a note on this forum then I suggest we try and finalise the teams about 3 weeks before the event closes so 24th May.

Further to Dave’s post a few weeks ago, we need to finalise the teams by the 24th ( a week on Saturday), is anyone else throwing there hat in the ring?

At the moment, we have
    Jim Duffy
    Chris Gilberston
    Alistair Stanway
    Dave Fearon
    Jack Fearon
    Tim Rutherford

We therefore need at 2 more to make 2 teams

James Risk, Jacob Booth, Matt Nowell, Jules, what about you? 😛

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46417 |

I have been in touch with Dave who has confirmed that Jack can no longer make it and Dave is not too bothered about it as he has a 50 on 2 days later, so the team is Chris, Alistair, Tim & myself, please could you all enter you forms naming all the other riders, Dave has confirmed he will be reserve so please ensure you name him on your forms.

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46418 |

Shame to just have the one team after entering 3/4 of them last year 🙁

Dane
    Participant
    #46419 |

Love to ride (on the road bike) but we’ll be in Saudi Arabia at that time 🙁

Paul
    Participant
    #46420 |

put my name down, why not ey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.