Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • nofear
    Participant
    #37154 |

Caroline and I were the only WVCC riders in this local open 25 today on the J2/9 loop around Knutsford / Holmes Chapel / Chelford. We are both racing this year because we need to maintain some sort or fitness due to our total lack of miles and also because we love to meet up with our friends from other clubs around the result board afterwards. Just for a change, Caroline decided to ride on 86″ fixed and I also rode a relatively low 92″ fixed to compensate for my lack of power.

The day was warm but very blustery but I found the wind quite helpful in many places but definitely hard in others, grovelling at 20mph in places. Generally I felt pretty good though and although my time of 1:01:01 was my slowest for several years on this course I was happy with an average of just over 24mph.

Caroline was also much slower than usual recording 1:16:31 but she found it hard to pedal fast with a tail wind and also struggled into the wind in places. Fixed wheel is great if you have leg strength and fitness but it finds you out if not. 🙁 The banter was good afterwards though so a good afternoon.

Winner Steve Hilton was a popular winner with 54:47, good enough to win his own club’s event by 18 seconds from Mark Nulty of Glossop Kinder Velo.

Cheers

Dave

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.