Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • JimDuffy
    Participant
    #37084 |

The closing date for entries is 6th June. Anyone interested in taking part, stick you name down here, hopefully we can get a couple of teams in this year. ๐Ÿ˜€

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #47703 |

Dave F, Stanners, Iain and I have entered this

I recall interest from heather, Colin C and Neil (Crocs and Socks) Drummond and Craig Lee. suggest you see if there is any other interest before the closing date of 6th June.

nofear
    Participant
    #47704 |

Entry sent today. Are we all riding fixed or do you three prefer to make it harder for yourselves on gears? ๐Ÿ™„

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #47705 |

Gears for me, fixed seat though, are you going for a fixed seat this time? lol

JimW
    Participant
    #47706 |

Dave has developed a new technique that dispenses with the seat and just leaves the seat pin exposed, it called the “Clench” ๐Ÿ˜†

nofear
    Participant
    #47707 |

You always said that I was a tight ar5e!

IainY
    Participant
    #47708 |

Entry went in last week, I’ll be riding gears unless my battery is flat

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #47709 |

Well, Last nights 4 up didn’t go as smooth expected, Whilst on paper we looked a good mix, it didn’t quite transpire that way with some team members riding stronger than others, so it could have been much smoother.
    The main time looser was an incident after 13.5 miles, after exiting Tremlow lane onto Chelford Road, Iain, in second wheel behind Al, decided he like the look of the grass and the promptly crashed his bike and landed on the grass at 25 mph, it was a spectacular fall, 9 out 10 for artistic impression, we all stopped and turned back to see if he was ok, as it happens Nick Butterworth was passing the other way, he also stopped, fortunatly, he didnt have to administer First Aid wink emoticon. Iain dusted himself, and like a true MTBer, got back on, a little shaken i might add, he then had to stop again to straighten his handle bars.
    We finished with 58:28, and by my reckoning, according to Garmin, we lost 1:47 before we got back up to speed over a distance 0.38 miles, which would have taken us around 50 seconds, therefore we lost around a minute.
    We came 17th out of 31, but it was a lovely sunny evening. ๐Ÿ˜€

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/808000311

nofear
    Participant
    #47710 |

some team members riding stronger than others, so it could have been much smoother

๐Ÿ˜‰ Stop beating around the bush Jim, it was you and Iain that were riding stronger. We were reasonably smooth most of the time though despite you and Iain coming through too fast at times (excuse no 1). ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Next time Al and I will make sure that one of you two are on the front approaching the climbs and then Al will do the climb and I’ll take over at the top. I recon a 56:45 ride (taking off the stop of 1:47) was pretty good on the night considering I was handicapped with a gears bike (excuse no 2). I nearly crashed approaching the A50 along Seven Sisters as I forgot that back brakes can lock up if you pull them too sharply, as I usually don’t have one on my proper racing bike (excuse no 3).

If I had ridden a bike a bit more this season I might have helped the team a little more (excuse no 4), but hopefully I didn’t slow things down too much. The ride out did take the edge off my speed a little as I’m not use to the distance this season (excuse no 5). Also I only had a small sandwich at dinner time and carried no bottle so I could quite possibly have experienced the bonk, ever so slightly, on the second lap (excuse no 6).

Anyway I’m not one to make excuses so thanks to the team for an enjoyable ride. Iain had the best excuse on the night but it didn’t slow him down as I had to keep shouting him to slow down after he re-mounted as he was adrenaline fuelled and wanted to claw back that 1:47 single handedley. I’m sure he would have done if we hadn’t got in the way! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Ta

Dave

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #47711 |

He probably could have Dave. However, it would still have taken us to about 50 seconds to cover the .38 miles where we lost 1:47, so we were a minute down ๐Ÿ™

nofear
    Participant
    #47712 |

I’m sure all my other excuses made up for the remaining 47 seconds though. ๐Ÿ˜•

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.