Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • nofear
    Participant
    #35011 |

Just a quick summary of the results from the Track Championships on Thursday. There was a very disappointing turnout of 14 riders, but the quality of riding was excellent and thanks to these people for making such a memorable event.

I’ll post a full result later but here are the highlights:

Winner of 200m Flying start TT – Jack Fearon
    Winner of 2000m Pursuit – Nick Butterworth
    Winner of minor placings scratch race – Matt Gilbertson
    Winner of scratch race final – Jack Fearon

1st Lady overall – Katie Fearon
    1st Youth overall – James Risk
    1st Junior overall – Jack Fearon
    1st Veteran overall – Nick Butterworth
    1st Senior overall – Bruce McKie-Thomson ( also first international rider!)

3rd overall in championship – Dave Fearon
    2nd overall in championship – Nick Butterworth
    1st overall and club track champion – Jack Fearon

This was the last track night of the Winter season and many thanks to those who supported the events and I am sure that they all had a good time. We also had several first time track riders and each year the track nights introduce new blood into the club. Overall the track nights have run at a financial loss which is a shame as the people who do ride really enjoy the experience. Please, please support the track nights next Winter or we run the risk of losing these activities.

Finally I wouild like to thank the 2 Pauls for providing such excellent coaching and putting us through so much pain / pleasure!

Cheers

Dave

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #38509 |

Cheers to Dave for organising all the nights. It’s the first time I’ve ever been on the track and also taken part in any sort of competition really on a bike. The track has no doubt helped me improve as a rider and look forward to starting them again next autumn!

Great competition at the champs too, great to see everyone getting involved and cheering on.

Claire.O
    #38510 |

Hi Dave,

Well done to all the winners and competitors.

I’m sorry that Rob and I didn’t make it to the Track Champs on 10th March. We both had heavy colds, otherwise we would have definitely been there. It was Rob’s birthday, too, which was a shame….

Thank you Dave (and Caroline!) for organising the club nights – we have really enjoyed them.

Claire

NickB
    Participant
    #38511 |

Thanks for organising this and all the other track nights Dave and to Paul, Caroline and Andrew on the night. Shame there weren’t a few more riders for the Champs, I thought the format was good, just need to improve my race tactics!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Track Events/Sessions’ is closed to new topics and replies.