Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #36689 |

Yes, it’s true.
    I’ve had an email (see below) from a former club member who has kindly offered the use of a couple of fields for those who wish to watch the tour, as he lives on the route.
    As below, this is not a campsite but there is an outside toilet and the provision of water.
    This is a really kind offer, as nearly every other inch of Yorkshire grass on route for camping is being rented out for huge profit (as one might expect)!!
    If you are interested, then please email Rod directly (details below). I’m sure he’ll be happy to see some WVCC members at the tour.

From: Roderick Aungier Date: 11 April 2014 09:27:14Subject: Tour de FranceTo: “ady@weavervalleycc.org.uk”

Hello Adrian, My name is Rod Aungier and I was a Weaver Valley member many years ago. I live in Kirk Hammerton in yorkshire now which is on the route of this years tour. We have a couple of fields which are suitable for camping and there is running water and an outside loo but it’s not a campsite. I want to offer it as a place to camp for any weaver Valley member or friends at the time of the tour. I’m not trying to make money so no charge – it will just be nice to be able to give back a bit of pleasure such as I enjoyed on the cheshire roads back in the day. Can you pass it on and see if anyone’s interested? It is literally only a couple of fields but knaresborough and York are not too far away (local train to both) Hope to hear from you. Regards,

Rod Aungier

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.