Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Andy Wood
    Participant
    #35515 |

Great to see so many Weaver Valley representing tonight at Withington. 8 riders competing including Jules, Kris, Kev, Jon C, Kempy, Andy Newby, El and Carol in her first race!!!

Eleanor
    Participant
    #40393 |

That was such good fun – but such hard work! Will post a blog tomorrow when I get time, it’s too late now and I need my beauty sleep. But Alan was amazing in our race, he just kept trying to get away (at which point we all had to accelerate like crazy to stay with the chasing bunch) and he finally made it, with a really well deserved win.
    Well done Kev for your second place, missing first place by half a wheel apparently…and well done Carol, for your first race, you looked like you’d been riding in those wheels all your life!! I’m very proud of us Weaver Valley girls, the only two girls in there amongst all that testosterone, and we held our own!!

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #40394 |

Awesome congrats to Kev and Al! Great to see so many folks out, great to have the TLI’s back, roll on Oulton Park always a good atmosphere when you’re watching!

johnk
    Participant
    #40395 |

Some pictures from last night – none of them are particularly sharp sorry – it was a bit dark!

[attachment=2:15f9q55d]a.JPG[/attachment:15f9q55d]

[attachment=1:15f9q55d]b.jpg[/attachment:15f9q55d]

[attachment=0:15f9q55d]c.jpg[/attachment:15f9q55d]

johnk
    Participant
    #40396 |

[attachment=0:1a4slr0n]f.jpg[/attachment:1a4slr0n]

[attachment=1:1a4slr0n]e.jpg[/attachment:1a4slr0n]

[attachment=2:1a4slr0n]d.jpg[/attachment:1a4slr0n]

johnk
    Participant
    #40397 |

[attachment=0:1k68h4bk]h.jpg[/attachment:1k68h4bk]

[attachment=1:1k68h4bk]g.jpg[/attachment:1k68h4bk]

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #40398 |

Top stuff. Apart from the fashion disaster with the red arm warmers…. 😉

Jules
    Participant
    #40399 |

Its racing not a fashion show 😀

Its an under armour top not arm warmers. Need to get a blue one!!!

Carol
    Participant
    #40400 |

Ok I hold my hands up that’s definitely a smile!!! Think someone had told me a joke!!! Seriously, I did work hard was pretending not to show it!!! I loved it!! Thanks everyone for all your advice and encouragement! Heres to the next one 😀

johnk
    Participant
    #40401 |

Well done Carol. We knew you’d do well. Can we expect a little more aggression next time out?

Eleanor
    Participant
    #40402 |

Great photos John – I hope you don’t mind but I’ve borrowed one for my blog, on
    https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/tli-1/
    Enjoy!

Carol
    Participant
    #40403 |

Fantastic blog Eleanor as always! I can assure you I did work very hard, my legs this morning felt very heavy! Not quite sure what I was smiling at! Dan says next time he’ll paint the road at yellow broom corner yellow and blue and will be camping out from sunday night if anyone wants to come down for a few beers!!! A big well done to you too!!

Carol
    Participant
    #40404 |

@John K wrote:

Well done Carol. We knew you’d do well. Can we expect a little more aggression next time out?

We’ll see 😉 Im marshalling next week! Are you racing?

Jules
    Participant
    #40405 |

Great blog El as always.

Well done to all that raced on Tuesday. It was a shock to my system. And getting dropped on the first lap didn’t help!! All those miles over the winter helped me get back on! Roll on next week 😀

johnk
    Participant
    #40406 |

@Carol R wrote:

@John K wrote:

We’ll see 😉 Im marshalling next week! Are you racing?

It will be the week after i’m afraid. By which time i may be just fit enough to cling on to your rear wheel!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.