Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Eleanor
    Participant
    #35557 |

The race involved three laps around Siddington and Swettenham. Andy Newby, Andy Poole and Tim rode in the young guns’ race. Unfortunately Tim got into a melee of some sort early on and came down with a few other riders, and last time I saw him he was walking back to race HQ with his bike over his shoulder…hope you’re OK Tim? Both Andys stayed with the bunch but the pace looked pretty challenging. As for our group, we had Alan, Kev, Mark Thompson and me riding, but I got dropped on the last corner of the first lap, mainly because I lost concentration and allowed a small gap to develop as we turned into the headwind..and the gap got bigger very quickly! Anyway a nice tall Liverpool Mercury rider found himself in the same boat as me so we rode round a lap and a half together, with him doing about 80% of the work and he was strong so it was still a good work out for me. In the meantime Alan had gone off the front with Keith Jones..they stayed away until the uphill finishing drag, when Alan found himself over-geared, and was pipped to the post by about 00005mm. Kev and Mark fought for places in the bunch sprint, with Kev coming third in his age group and Mark winning the over 65s. It was good to see Jed and Nick out supporting on what was a cold and windy night. Well done to Macc Wheelers for a well organised and marshalled race.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.