Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • JimW
    Participant
    #36886 |

Congratulations to Alan Kemp on winning the TLI National Road Race title and adding it to his other national wins this year..
    A great year in Blue and Yellow.

LVRC National RR Champion and National Crit Champion
    TLI National RR Champion and National Crit Champion
    Percy Stallard Series Champion,
    BC National RR Champion.

The laundry bill in the Kemp household must be astronomical… 😀

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #47148 |

Incredible palmares. Well done Kempy for doing the club very proud.

Jed
    Participant
    #47149 |

Well done Alan.

nofear
    Participant
    #47150 |

Nice one Alan. You win so much it seems easy and sometimes I wonder if people realize just how hard you work to keep up this level of fitness. You are regularly beating ex-pros and some very dedicated road-men and you’ve been doing it for decades. That takes a special kind of person and requires a very patient and understanding wife. 😉 You can take a week off now and then the training starts for next season. 🙂

Cheers

Dave

NickB
    Participant
    #47151 |

Yes very well done Alan and well said Dave – It’s all down to Alan’s training, determination and mental toughness. Something to do with his hatred of losing too I think!

nofear
    Participant
    #47152 |

I totally agree with Jim. It’s amazing what Alan has done on an old butcher s bike! 😆 😆 Just think what he could do if he rode fixed. 😯

Alan Kemp
    Participant
    #47153 |

Not a very nice comment Jim of DHR !

I have the greatest respect for anyone prepared to have a go at road racing irrespective of age and the lads on the picture are two of the best . Do not be deceived by looks !

Jed
    Participant
    #47154 |

I’d be interested to know who those other riders are.

Alan Kemp
    Participant
    #47155 |

Hi Jed ,

On the left of the picture is Dave Woods from Luton who was also 3rd in the British Cycling Age related Champs rr . The other is Bill Macmillan from Glasgow ,a Scottish international in the 70s who rode the Scottish Milk Race and the 1970 ? Commonwealth games in Edinburgh !

Jed
    Participant
    #47156 |

Thanks Alan

Jim@HindeRacing
    Spectator
    #47157 |

I did say congrats Al, to both you and our own Steve Fidler for winning his National Title on the same day.

I’m sure both those old boys would give most a run for their money.

I was also accurate with winners riding our frames to be fair. They do seem to be the choice for proper racers locally

The comments about grandparents was funny though – you know we only pulling ya leg Kempy.

Jim

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.