Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • johnk
    Participant
    #35534 |

There were Weaver Valley riders aplenty last night at the latest round of the TLI Cheshire races. In my race were Nick B, Kev U and Rich M. In the younger race was Chris and Carol was representing the ladies in the last race. Chris finished in the bunch in his race and Carol finished strongly in her race. Sorry if i’ve missed anyone!

In my event all Weaver Valley acquitted themselves well, frequently attacking, Nick B getting into a move that looked like it was going to work but unfortunately it didn’t. Eventually Keith Jones romped away at the end of the 4th lap leaving the rest of us to sprint it out.

In the gallop Kev U finished 3rd in his age group and i think i was 5th in mine (difficult to see through such bloodshot eyes).

We also had plenty of WV marshalls – Alan K, Jules, Eleanor U (sorry if i missed anyone).

It was a great evening with fine weather after the rain the night before (and today). I can’t wait for the next one.

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #40581 |

…And Weaver Valley supporters too with Kev Campbell, Jed, Dan Robson, Gaz T and yours truely out and about.

Some good racing last night, good to see our riders in breaks and attacking off the front!

Carol
    Participant
    #40582 |

Well done to all those that raced and thanks for the shouts of encouragement from the supporters!!! My 2nd road race definitely felt harder than the first so Im 100 % sure I wasnt smiling quite so much 🙂 I did enjoy it though just as much!!! Theres still a lot for me to learn but I will get there, cant wait for the next one!! 😀

Rich M
    Participant
    #40583 |

@woody wrote:

…And Weaver Valley supporters too with Kev Campbell, Jed, Dan Robson, Gaz T and yours truely out and about.

Some good racing last night, good to see our riders in breaks and attacking off the front!

Yes, thanks for the shouts of encouragement – it does make a difference.

Jed
    Participant
    #40584 |

It’s a pleasure to support you all – your enthusiasm and bravery is admirable so well done and keep it up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.