Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alan P
    Participant
    #36012 |

Claire Shaw and I wanted to say thanks to Dave and everyone for making us feel so welcome last night at the Velodrome session.

We both really enjoyed ourselves and are hoping to be out with the club very soon.

nofear
    Participant
    #43245 |

Hi Alan / Claire,

Thanks for coming along and having a go and I’m glad you enjoyed it. It was really great to see so many first time trackies as we usually get just one or two new riders. We also had two 9 year olds last night and they were clearly having a real thrill on the banking. Who knows there may be a future champion in that group last night!

We talked about club runs and I think you will enjoy riding with a friendly group of like minded people and it’s a great way to get to know where some of the quieter lanes are in Cheshire (and beyond!). Currently we leave at 10 am from the Hartford British Legion but when the clocks go forward in March this changes to 9:30. I know you live in Hatchmere so if ever you’re off work on a Wednesday you could go out with the wrinklies. It isn’t compulsary to have wrinkles and the pace is very sociable usually. Alan Silver is the runs captain and he can help you with any advice but otherwise just turn up and join the ride. If you look on the calendar you can see the destinations of the long and short runs.

Cheers

Dave

Alan Kemp
    Participant
    #43246 |

Great evening at the track. Some nippy lads in the club but also great to see so many people experiencing the track for the first time .
    Thanks to yourself Dave and Caroline for organising it and to Paul West for putting us through our paces and making us suffer. Paul always does a good club session or SQT ( structured quality training )
    Thanks
    Alan

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #43247 |

Yeah great session last night, way too much good early season form in this club for my liking. The speed was mental! 😆

Cheers to Dave, Caz and Westy!

Alan P
    Participant
    #43248 |

Yes I will aim to get to the Wednesday run on Feb 20th and a Sunday run sometime later.

Have to agree the pace in that A Group looked fantastic will try to experience some of that next time.

kris
    Participant
    #43249 |

Who was the guy taking photos, and will they be online at all?

nofear
    Participant
    #43250 |

Hi Kris,

It was a tallent spotter so you maye be getting a call from Dave Brailsford! 😆

Actually it was the grandfather of young Tom Hay and the pictures are of him and his mum Claire.

Ta

Dave

kris
    Participant
    #43251 |

Ah 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Track Events/Sessions’ is closed to new topics and replies.