Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Alistair
    Participant
    #37215 |

Took a trip over to Hull today for the last Team Swift open 10 of the year to see if I could improve my 10 PB.

There were 190 riders and 10 reserves today and conditions were really nice for a change with a forecast 6 mph westerly. The event was superbly run by Team Swift and the course felt safe and super quick! Its quite a thrill to travel at that speed pretty much constantly for 10 miles on smooth roads.

Even though I’m not feeling absolutely pinging and 100% at the moment I had a good strong ride and managed to stop the clock at 20:28 (29.31mph) which I was well chuffed with, beating my previous best of 22:07 set on Levens a few years back, by a fair margin. A great boost and a great way to start rounding off the TT year.

So if you get the chance I’d recommend a trip up to Hull for a real blast on these fast roads. The Swifties are a real friendly bunch and there are a number of events in the year that can be entered.

One more crack at a 30 on Etwall this year and then thats me done until next season. Hoping to get some rides with the club runs in. I really need to get better at riding on roads that go up!!! 😀

nofear
    Participant
    #48031 |

Brilliant ride Alistair. This time last year that would have been a club record. Unfortunately for you Lee has significantly moved the goal posts.;) Keep your fingers crossed for good conditions for the 30 as a club record at that distance is well within your grasp. The current record is 1:06:38 set by me in 2013 in the same event you have entered. Good luck.

Eleanor
    Participant
    #48032 |

Fantastic Alistair, really well done. Thanks for the report too, and to Dave for his regular posts. I always collect whatever’s there on the forum and send a summary into the Guardian on a Sunday night. They don’t have space every week, but we do pretty well in terms of coverage and they will sometimes do a retrospective roundup if they’ve missed a couple of weeks, so everyone keep the reports coming. It’s such a good way to promote the club.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.