Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Jules
    Participant
    #35046 |

Anybody thinking of doing these or already planning to??

Open to juniors up to vets. Closed circuit. All on a Saturday 6 events starting on the 30th April.

Jules
    Participant
    #38654 |

John Keen and I turned up early at the Tameside cycle track with sadly only 6 other people. Not sure why only 8 people, may have been the very windy weather that put poeple off.

The track is excellent very fast with a few tricky corners when taken at speed. The 8 of use were of mixed ability and age. However we started a race all together of 30mins + 5 laps. Two of the more experianced riders took off very quickly and were never seen again. With a few laps left they lapped me after I spent quite a while on my own. They were working togther very well against the brutal wind taking a lap a turn on the front. I finished 3rd after lapping all the other riders.

We scrapped the second race as the first was a bit of a farce. We chain ganged for 25 laps with sprints every 3 laps. Then 5 laps as a free for all, my racing inexperiance showed and got jumped and couldn’t get on the wheel of the other 2 riders again finishing 3rd!!!!!!

With more people and racing against people of a similair speed it would have been great racing. I’ll be going next week hoping more turn up. Would recommand it if you want fast racing and to gain experiance. If your interested and want more info look at the link above or send me a message. Would be good to see more WVCC riders there.

Jules

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.