Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Jules
    Participant
    #36392 |

I’m happy to lead the long run to Loggerheads on Sunday. Will be a longish ride approx 78 miles and lumpy one this weekend. This is the route we will be going – http://connect.garmin.com/activity/303964726

Just a couple of things after last weekends long ride. No tri-bars and no going over the white line to overtake people. Follow the wheel in front and do not overlap. Two straight lines at all times other than when the call to single out is given. At times last week it was like an out of control rollercoaster going down the road. Try and ride smoothly and stay aware of who is around you and make sure commands are past up and down the group.

There are lots of new riders which is fantatsic but safety has to be the number one priority. If I or another experienced rider tells you to do something there is a reason for it. It’s not easy riding in a group and it takes some practise to get it right. We all want to arrive home after staying rubber side down and have a really enjoyable club run.

See you Sunday πŸ˜€

ady
    Keymaster
    #45091 |

Brilliant Jules the long rides are Safe in your hands if everyone justs takes advise and they will all have a good safe day
    Thanks Mate πŸ™‚

Carol
    Participant
    #45092 |

Nice 1 Jules!!!! Will look forward to that, love Loggerheads πŸ˜€

Jules
    Participant
    #45093 |

Oh and I forgot something. DON’T half wheel the run leader when they have spent most of the day on the front πŸ‘Ώ

Jules
    Participant
    #45094 |

@Carol R wrote:

Did think about going into Ruthin then up the A494 (the Bwlch) to the cafe. Only adds another 10 miles or so 😈

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/268704896

Things may change by Sunday 😯

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45095 |

@Jules wrote:

Oh and I forgot something. DON’T half wheel the run leader when they have spent most of the day on the front πŸ‘Ώ

and finally, don’t sit behind the run leader all the way to the cafΓ©, and then sprint the last 200 yrds to get there first, cos that is really annoying! πŸ‘Ώ πŸ‘Ώ

Have a great ride, will be thinking of you πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Jules
    Participant
    #45096 |

@JimDuffy wrote:

@Jules wrote:

and finally, don’t sit behind the run leader all the way to the cafΓ©, and then sprint the last 200 yrds to get there first, cos that is really annoying! πŸ‘Ώ πŸ‘Ώ

Who would dare do that lol πŸ˜‰

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45097 |

@Jules wrote:

@JimDuffy wrote:

@Jules wrote:

Who would dare do that lol πŸ˜‰

I couldn’t honestly say! πŸ˜†

Carol
    Participant
    #45098 |

@Jules wrote:

@Carol R wrote:

Did think about going into Ruthin then up the A494 (the Bwlch) to the cafe. Only adds another 10 miles or so 😈

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/268704896

Things may change by Sunday 😯

Some nice big climbs on this route πŸ˜‰ and I’ve never been to Ruthin!!! πŸ™‚
    Ok, promise I won’t half wheel the run leader or sprint to the cafe after sitting on their wheel all the way there πŸ˜† I wish!!!!

Rich M
    Participant
    #45099 |

Well said Jules. I won’t be out tomorrow, but I hope you have a good run

Carol
    Participant
    #45100 |

Hi all
    Today on the long run Jules had quite a nasty crash. Nobody is 100% sure what happened as it happened very quickly. I was riding behind Jules and from what I saw something jammed on his bike as he was out of the saddle accelerating and so threw him forward over his bars. He hit his head on the road knocking him unconscious for a few minutes. While we were waiting for the ambulance everyone played their part in looking after him but an extra big thank you needs to go to Ian a new rider with us who stayed by Jules side the whole of the time. Another thank you to the surgeon who stopped and helped also.
    Jules is in the Countess of Chester, as soon as I have any news I’ll let you all know.

Thinking of you Jules, here’s to a speedy recovery.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45101 |

Bloody hell, I hope Jules is ok

Simon H
    Participant
    #45102 |

Nightmare πŸ™ Get well soon Jules

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #45103 |

Shit! Hope you’re ok Jules!

JimW
    Participant
    #45104 |

Get better soon man. Hope it’s a speedy fix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.