Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Craig
    Participant
    #35391 |

Weather permitting I am planning to cycle down to Ruthin, have a brew, see the tired faces arrive and cycle back with them. Will be a steady pace (15-16mph) and all done should be about 85 miles.

If anyone is interested and few have already indicated their interest let me know and I will post up the details as the day gets closer.

Craig
    Participant
    #39724 |

I am assuming that the café you use in Ruthin is the one at the craft centre? could someone please confirm

Jules
    Participant
    #39725 |

Yes it’s the one in the craft centre.

Craig
    Participant
    #39726 |

Cool, did not want to be sat in a café all on my own looking like billy no mates

Ian B
    Participant
    #39727 |

Good shout, count me in craig.

Jules
    Participant
    #39728 |

Craig,

Not sure what time we will be at the cafe. We are leaving to hotel at 0815.

Craig
    Participant
    #39729 |

The plan for Sunday now looks like this meet at 8.30am where Clay Lane / Park Road crosses the A54, just outside Winsford. Its then just over 10 miles to Waverton, pick up there at 9.15am corner of Guy Lane / Brown Heath Road. This should get us to the Craft Centre for around 11am, so time for a bite to eat and then pick a group of Llanberis riders to join for the return leg.

Route I am taking can be seen using the link http://www.bikemap.net/route/1421485#lat=53.1556&lng=-2.95257&zoom=10&type=0

Weather looking good, but if there are any changes to plans I will post them up here

dylan sharrock
    Participant
    #39730 |

Count me in then, Anyone fancy some miles on saturday too?

kris
    Participant
    #39731 |

@dylan sharrock wrote:

Count me in then, Anyone fancy some miles on saturday too?

Yes, a place called Llanberis…

Craig
    Participant
    #39732 |

Great 84 miles, 5110 ft of climbing. Thanks to Phil, Dylan, Ian, Benn & Steve for joining me. Run back was excellent, loved the climb out of Ruthin, is that masochistic 😉

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #39733 |

@craig wrote:

Great 84 miles, 5110 ft of climbing. Thanks to Phil, Dylan, Ian, Benn & Steve for joining me. Run back was excellent, loved the climb out of Ruthin, is that masochistic 😉

Yes it is masochistic. No two ways about it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Calendar’ is closed to new topics and replies.