Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Andy Wood
    Participant
    #36382 |

Congrats to Charlotte as she came 10th in today’s race on the Great Budworth circuit. It was a tough race, very fast compared to previous races so she can be chuffed with that placing for a first attempt. I believe she had more left in the tank for the sprint so hopefully we’ll be seeing some podium placings soon!

Earlier her boyfriend Chris Bartlett who rides for Metaltek-Knights of Old won the E/1/2/3 – he broke clear on the final lap to win by over a minute! He was in a break which included Stevie Fid for most of the race. Midway in, a small chase group formed including Kris Zentek & managed to catch Fidler’s group on the line. Giles Bett had a good race but suffered from last week’s injuries and finished in the main group. Dane Walker fell victim to a puncture early on.

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #45069 |

Well done to Charlotte for placing 10th! That is a fantastic result and bodes well for future races!

Top job!

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45070 |

Well done Charlotte, great effort ๐Ÿ˜€

nofear
    Participant
    #45071 |

Great debut Charlotte, I’m sure we are going to your name in lights next season.

kris
    Participant
    #45072 |

Looks like WVCC has a new club champ! Unless the autumn road race says differently ๐Ÿ™‚

Both races yesterday were tough, very fast paced. The men’s race was a 26 average, and I barely hung on!

Well done Charlotte, for your first ever race, that was a fantastic result ๐Ÿ™‚
    Onwards and upwards!

Charlotte
    Participant
    #45073 |

๐Ÿ˜€
    Entered my next one – 8th September at the Tameside circuit!
    Need to get 4 more points to get my 3rd cat so I can enter the Cheshire Classic!

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #45074 |

Oi oi that’s what we like to hear! Jim get some kit for this one ASAP. We’ll send the Audax lads to Italy to pick it up!

Shelagh
    Participant
    #45075 |

Well done Charlotte & good luck & Tameside. I’ll be marshalling again at the classic so looking forward to cheering on a Weaver lady.

Obviously, no bias there whatsoever ๐Ÿ™‚

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45076 |

@woody wrote:

Oi oi that’s what we like to hear! Jim get some kit for this one ASAP. We’ll send the Audax lads to Italy to pick it up!

It’s ok, we have some 3xl bib tight and windtex in stock, that will do won’t it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Eleanor
    Participant
    #45077 |

Wow, well done Charlotte…and well done to your boyfriend too, sounds like you two would be pretty quick on a tandem! Woody, thanks for the report, I’m afraid I got to this too late for the Guardian but will submit it next week.

Jamie
    Participant
    #45078 |

Nice one Charlotte , well done !

” Metaltek-Knights of Old ” That has to be the best ever name for a Team! :mrgreen:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.