Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Jules
    Participant
    #36774 |

Hi all,

Don’t forget the novice race tomorrow night. It will cost you a fiver for 5 laps. 2 laps behind Jim and I, then 3 racing. Get there for 17:30 for a 18:00 start.

Come and give it a go 😀

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46715 |

I understand there will be 3 or 4 having a go tomorrow including Jamie, stu, Colin carthy with heather coming next week

Colin Carthy
    Participant
    #46716 |

Never thought I would have a go in a race, but after a bit of encouragement last week by Jim W & Graham G!!, I decided to have a go.

Its great to experience riding round the circuit smooth roads. The first 3 laps are under the guidance of the Marshalls so you can feel your way into the group for 3 laps…..then you have 2 laps racing.

I had no tactics!, only to try & not be last.

The last lap had a line of 4 WVCC riders, then I pushed on with Jamie following. We both smelled victory. I dropped off the pace before the last bend when Jamie & three others riders passed. I had burnt out!!

I think I came 5th, & Jamie 3rd. As Jim D said, we should have worked together!!

Thanks to the Marshalls & event organisers.

Hope to be back next week. 😀

Stu Ward
    Participant
    #46717 |

I agree with Colin.

For those looking to give it a go, I’ve not yet broken 28 minutes for the 10 TT, but managed to hang on til 2/3 rds of the way around the last lap when the field split. So you don’t need to be a TT hero to join the fun. Lots of support and advice from Jules and Jim (necessary due to some very naive tactics!). And it’s great to ride on a smooth surface for a change. All that for just £5.

Think I finished 6th behind Colin and will be back next week if work permits.

Stu

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46718 |

Well done guys, great feedback!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.