Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Eleanor
    Participant
    #36410 |

Kev and I rode in the first NW cyclo x event of the season at Leverhulme Park. It was pouring with rain as we arrived which was a bit off-putting but it’s amazing how you stop noticing rain once you start exercising! This year they’re separating women and vets from the seniors, because the field was just getting too large. We found this much better because it meant the start was less of a bun fight…particularly for slower riders like me, it meant we didn’t get caught on the first technical section with the normal logjam from which it’s always difficult to recover. The course was mostly on grass this year, with the only technical section a massive muddy drop and then carry back up. I managed to ride the descent on all occasions other than one when I had a contretemps with a tree and the tree won. But no damage done thankfully. Kev did really well, winning his age group and finishing well up the field. I just enjoyed myself and kept on pedalling. I was beaten by four younger women but won the women’s vets, but that’s always just down to who does and who doesn’t turn up on the day, there are some fantastic vet women out there. Anyway Kev and I ended up soaking wet and very muddy but we both really enjoyed it. We would recommend it to anyone, it’s great training and there’s always a really friendly and inclusive atmosphere at these events, they welcome everyone however fast or slow!

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45202 |

Well done guys, sounds a bit too muddy for me 😉

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #45203 |

Nice one guys, team Underhill get their cross season underway in style!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Cyclocross’ is closed to new topics and replies.