Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Andy Wood
    Participant
    #36796 |

We’ve gone a bit quiet on events we’re entering. Let’s keep it up, it’s been a good season!

I’ve entered this one.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46842 |

Missing that, on my holidays

Alistair
    Participant
    #46843 |

I’m gonna ride the Mercia 30 on that day instead.

nofear
    Participant
    #46844 |

I’m gonna ride the Mercia 30 on that day instead.

Oi! … keep your hands off my club record you. 👿

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46845 |

What is it?

Alistair
    Participant
    #46846 |

It’s 1:06:38 – I think thats safe Dave! 😉

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46847 |

Yep lol

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46848 |

Only two of us in for this one on Saturday. Caroline is off early doors and I’m rounding up the field in the last 5. Not looking too bad on Saturday, overcast and light winds. Could be a good one!

nofear
    Participant
    #46849 |

2 keen riders and one lazy spectator turned out today for the Nova 25 / M&DLCA 25 on the local J2/9 at Jodrell bank. Caroline Fearon was first of our riders in the ladies event and was off no 11. She wasn’t really feeling too good today after a bad night and sore eyes but she decided to start in any case. It was about 25 degrees and very humid so she couldn’t get into the swing of it and struggled the whole way around. However she is not one to pack so she crossed the line with a 1:12:43 so about 2 to 3 minutes slower than usual on this course. It’s all good training though so at least she had a go. Winner of the ladies with a super fast 59:14 was Joanne Blakeley of GB Cycles.co.uk.

I rode out and gave Caroline a shout on both laps and then rode back the 4 miles or so to the HQ at Lower Withington. I would have stayed to give Woody a shout but he was off over 90 minutes later. Fortunately Caroline and I are always keen to take part in the post race chatting whilst eating cakes (Alan take note) and drinking cups of tea / coffee (Caroline doesn’t like tea). Therefore we were still around when Woody arrived back at the HQ much later on. He was clearly happy with his ride when he came in with a grin like a Cheshire Cat even though he didn’t know his time. I’m not sure if he sprinted for the line but whatever he did he managed to just sneak under the 1hr 2min barrier recording a rapid 1:01:59 (24.2mph). Woody is improving every ride this season and it’s great to see his confidence and enthusiasm growing with every ride. Nice riding Woody.

Winner was fast road man James Radcliffe of Fred William Racing with a rapid 52:38. He beat regular local winner Simon Bridge of Manchester Wheelers who recorded 53:05. Simon was content with is 2nd place as he punctured with 4 miles to go and rode it flat to the line averaging 28.26mph for the full distance! 😮

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46850 |

Cheers Dave, strange day out there , although the forecast said light winds it didn’t feel like it in parts. Didn’t seem to be anywhere of advantage although Twemlow felt easier than usual. Main problem was the heat & how close it was, really struggling to breathe at points.

A50 up to Twemlow was a slog but churned over at 25mph for me along there which was tough but in a nice rhythm. The fast bit after Chelford was fast today, easily turning over 53×11 at around 35mph. I lost concentration going up to Chelford roundabout after the dip again, heart rate down to 177 & speed down too. Really need to sort that out as I found it hard to get my heart rate back up in the 184 zone again. Hey ho, another go next Saturday!!

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #46851 |

Fantastic time Mr Wood. The hour on Cheshire is in sight!!! Top job 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.