Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Eleanor
    Participant
    #35251 |

Kev and I set off for Preston for the first race of the season. Unfortunately disaster struck as we drove into the car park, which had a 2m bar above the entrance. We had 3 bikes on the top of the car, a minor detail which we’d both completely forgotten about. Anyway as bikes met bar there was an almighty crunch and we had one of those horrible sickening moments when we realized what we’d done (note collective responsibility here, I’m not saying who was driving!) The end result could have been worse – we wrote two front wheels off and Kev has a big scratch on the roof of his car, luckily the frames seem to be OK. However all this meant I couldn’t ride, so Kev represented WVCC on his own and did really well on a very tough and hilly course. The results aren’t out yet but he was well up in the field.

It would be great to have some other WVCC riders along for future rounds – it’s a fabulous event and the atmosphere is always friendly and encouraging, with all standards of rider represented – today national champion Paul Oldham was riding, winning easily and appearing to float above the mud whilst everyone else was wrestling with it. But there are all sorts riding, old and young, fat and thin, fast and slow, mountain bikes and cycle x bikes.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Cyclocross’ is closed to new topics and replies.