Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alistair
    Participant
    #37229 |

Today was my last TT of the year on the A30/9 course on Etwall. This course takes in most/all of the A25/11 25 mile course with an added, grippy, 5 mile dog leg section to make up the distance.

Conditions were pretty good today with a 3-4mph easterly wind and lower temperatures. Myself and Alan Shuttleworth were the only Weaver Valley entrants so we were all set for a good run hopefully.

Alan was off number 4 and put down a time of 1:19:19. I didn’t get to speak with Alan but he seemed pretty pleased in the HQ afterwards. Off number 29, I had a good clean run across all the RAB’s, found the 5 mile dog leg section really tough but stuck in there and then got to work on the rest of the course to the turn and then back to Etwall. There wasn’t much wind to help on the return leg but it was quick most of the way back. The last 10 miles being covered in 20:20.

Stopped the clock with a 1:05:59 which carved 3:45 off my PB for 30 miles so really pleased with that and a great way to finish off the TT year. Roll on next year… More speed captain!!! 😈

The event was won by Steve Irwin of North Lancs RC with a super quick 57:46… Gulp!

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #48058 |

Great ride al

JimW
    Participant
    #48059 |

Well done both Al’s.. that is a club record at both Trike and Mens solo. A great way to end your racing season.. 😀

Colin Carthy
    Participant
    #48057 |

You are flying Jim W.!!

Colin

nofear
    Participant
    #48060 |

Well done Al I knew you could do it. That’s 2 club records BTW, the Senior men’s and the Vets.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.