Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • nofear
    Participant
    #36484 |

As this is a TBA day for the club run then why not either enter or come out and watch the M&DTTA Christmas 10. I’m organizing this open TT as usual and it’s a great, one off, out of season occasion. It is always well supported both by riders and spectators and many come to watch the fancy dress of to take part in it. Alternatively you can blow the cobwebs out and ride the more serious TT although many don’t take this race too seriously.

There are lots of prizes awarded on the day at Goostrey Village Hall and Caroline and the Manchester Ladies put on a great spread at the Village Hall afterwards. The course is very similar to our club 10 course but it starts in Cranage, up the A50 to Toft Corner, left through Lower Peover to the 3 Greyhound and left to finish just before Penny’s Lane end.

First rider is off at 11:00 am and we usually get about 100 entries so why not join in the fun. If you want a ride you can enter on-line on the CTT website or alternatively send me a postal entry using the entry form downloaded from the CTT website. The event closing date is 26th November.

Thanks

Dave

nofear
    Participant
    #45507 |

I was disappointed to see zero entries from the club for the M&DTTA Xmas 10 that I am organising this Sunday. We are one short of a full field of 120 riders and several clubs have over 10 riders with East Lancs RC topping the table at 19 riders. I will be riding as well as organising and Caroline will be working hard in the kitchen and most other clubs from the District are either taking part or helping. Our membership definitely needs to mix more with other clubs as inter-action with other clubs brings a lot to us individually but also unites the sport.

You can still come out and enjoy watching the fancy dress and the buzz of the HQ at Goostrey after the race. The hall is always packed with riders and spectators and Caroline puts on plenty of refreshments. First rider is off at 11am and the course is very similar to our club 10 course except the start is in Northwich Rd Cranage and it finishes at Penny’s Lane end. You can download the start list from the CTT website.

Ta

Dave

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45508 |

Hi Dave

Unfortunately, I had already booked in Tatton Yule Yomp 10k run 😡

JimW
    Participant
    #45509 |

does timekeeping the event let me off, (like a note I forged from my mum, saying. I couldn’t do PE coz I didn’t have any clean kit, was ill. Was going to granny’s funeral or wedding..take your pick)

Shelagh
    Participant
    #45510 |

…..and I’m gonna be spectating and cheering people on………and going for a cuppa and a chat with Caroline 🙂

nofear
    Participant
    #45511 |

Thanks all and I wasn’t directing my disappointment at anybody in particular.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.