Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chris G
    Participant
    #36663 |

I’ve entered this one

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46221 |

I’m in on this too.

stevet
    Participant
    #46222 |

I’ve also entered.. Steve

nofear
    Participant
    #46223 |

Caroline, Connor and I have entered the BDCA 25 at Etwall but it’s preference to Local clubs so if we don’t get in we will also be entering this one.

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46224 |

With everyone buggering off to Etwall, 3 hardy men of the Weaver Valley rolled up at Cranage Hall to take on an overcast & windy J2/9.

I was first off, having not touched the bike for over a week I wasn’t holding out for much for my 3rd solo 25. If I went under .10 I would be happy. I started off well, the legs rolled around nicely, I noted the nice tailwind up to the roundabout & looked to give a really big push on the second lap. Seven Sisters was tough going as was the A50. My plan to go deep up to the roundabout & up to Seven Sisters didn’t work out as the wind had changed direction.

I was delighted to stop the clock on 1.05.33, knocking 2 minutes off my PB.

A debuting Chris Gilbertson who has been working hard & lost a lot of weight over the winter was delighted to also record a PB with a 1.01.59.

Tommo had ridden out from home & mentioned he had left himself short on time so wasn’t as relaxed as usual. He also complained about the wind on the second lap but was able to record a tidy 1.04.45.

Good to see Gaz Brown at the HQ too.

Jed
    Participant
    #46225 |

Well done to all of you.

nofear
    Participant
    #46226 |

Some great rides there lads and PB’s on a windy day in April are not to be sniffed at! particularly impressed with Chris’s scorching 1:01. I think a Cheshire sub hour ride is on the cards soon. we could have done with you at Etwall today Chris as I’m sure that the club team 25 record would have been smashed. Get your entry in for the Stone Wheelers 25 on 17th May and if we can get James, Alistair, Jim D and myself riding that record will go…….. but which 3 riders will get it and is there a dark horse out there hiding their form not mentioned above????

Great report Woody and a great ride.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46227 |

Top rides there guys, Chris is showing some great form. Great ride by woody too

Chris G
    Participant
    #46228 |

Great report Andy, tho I thought we agreed you would exaggerate the howling wind and the Roubaix like road conditions 😉 and an impressive ride given yr lack of training at the moment, bodes well for the season. We all know Steve will get quicker… 🙂

Alistair
    Participant
    #46229 |

Great rides everyone! Now then Chris, what have you been doing this winter? Whatever it was, it’s working well already 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.