Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • nofear
    Participant
    #35205 |

Four WVCC members ventured to the only fast 25 course in our area today, riding the J5/8 at Blythe Bridge. Despite a tough headwind finish and the famous concrete mountain climb with 1 mile to go, all 4 riders pulled excellent rides out of the bag.

Jack did his 2nd best 25 to date, proving that his fabulous 56:48 two weeks ago was no fluke with an equally impressive 57:53 on a 94″ fixed gear (49 x 14 for those who don’t understand old money!).

Next was Alistair Stanway who took advantage of the strong tailwind start by doing a PB of 58:26 proving yet again that life really does begin at 40!

Talking of old dogs learning new tricks, Ade Japp also decided that it was time that he updated his PB and recorded a super quick 1:01:53. It really was worth forking out for that new bike this Year.

Leaving the best looking until last (and before you jump to conclusions I’m not referring to me as I chickened out and didn’t start today, resting my legs for tomorrows National 12 hour championship), Caroline the comeback Queen took another massive step in recovering her teenage form. A few weeks ago she reduced her best 25 time since starting racing again last year, from a 1:21 to a 1:15. Today she decided to demolish that time and did a 1:07:27 which we think is probably her second best 25 ever and is within 60 seconds of her PB done at the age of 18!!

Congratulations to all four riders for flying the WVCC flag and clearly giving their all on such a fast course.

Jules
    Participant
    #39151 |

Well done everyone. Great effort one and all 🙂

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #39152 |

I drove past you all on the way to Loughborough! I think I might need to head round to the Fearon’s for tea one night, obviously some good stuff going down there! Congrats to everyone, great results! 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial results’ is closed to new topics and replies.