Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chris G
    Participant
    #36442 |

Evenin all,

Can anybody recommend a local frame re-sprayer / alteration outfit?

I’ve got a circa 1985, Reynolds 653 frame I’d like to re-build with some of the old kit I’ve accumulated over the years.

All suggestions appreciated.

Cheers, Chris

Jed
    Participant
    #45334 |

I’ve heard of a company in Bury called Atlantic Boulevard that will do what you want. I’ve had no personal experience of the company however.

Jed
    Participant
    #45335 |

Chris, please forgive me if you’ve not read my reply to your post yet but if you have read it, why haven’t you acknowledged it? It would be appreciated.

Chris G
    Participant
    #45336 |

Hi Jed,

Apologies for not acknowledging your suggestion… I sent them an enquiry and I was intending to post with their response.

I’ll post it, when / if I get a reply!

Thanks, Chris

Jed
    Participant
    #45337 |

Thanks Chris. Hope it goes well.
    Jed.

Vince Brady
    Participant
    #45338 |

Hello Chris

I had a frame repair on my winter bike earlier this year at Atlantic Boulevard. Neil, the proprietor, was very helpful and carried out a satisfactory job, at a reasonable cost. If I can be of any help, please give me a telephone call 07950027958, the premises are only about 4 miles from my home address. Kind regards.

Martin W
    Participant
    #45339 |

You might wish to try C & G finishers in Liverpool. They have been established many years and do the re-enamelling/spraying for most of the area bike shops. If you wish to contact them they are at

C & G Finishes
    274B Smithdown Road
    Liverpool
    L15 5AH

0151-734-3088

Chris G
    Participant
    #45340 |

Cheers Martin & Vince,

I’ll give C&G a call.

Atlantic Boulevard price:

We can repaint your Cougar frame and fork in any single colour with Cougar and Reynolds transfers for £260-00.
    This price would also cover the cost of removing the seat pin and headset.

Our two way courier service is £45-00, turn round time 3 – 4 weeks.

Vince Brady
    Participant
    #45341 |

Hello Chris

I travel to Cheshire on a regular basis from home and if you chose Atlantic Boulevard, I would be more than happy to act as courier for your frame, at zero cost to yourself. I have a large area in my car that would accommodate and safely transport your frame to and from the said destination. Kind regards. Vince

Alan Kemp
    Participant
    #45342 |

£260 for a lick of paint and transfers ? You could have a week half board at the Pollensa Park in Puerto Pollensa , Majorca for about £20 more ! ( Some of us are going in March 2014 !)

Or for about just double the cost of respray etc you could get a brand new alloy race frame . ( including paint )

Personally I would find somewhere cheaper or strip the frame down, hook it onto your clothes line and respray it yourself with a can in the colours of your choice ! If you want hoops on the down tube then use insulation tape for masking . In previous times a paint brush would have been used .

I never had the same paint job for more than a few weeks during my earlier cash strapped youth .

Hope this information has been of some help .Do not hesitate to contact me for more info .

Alan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.