Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Jed
    Participant
    #36822 |

Dave, all the best for this weekend.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46922 |

yep, smash it dave :-), hope you have got you eye on my record………..oh, yeah, i haven’t got one, lol 😉

JimW
    Participant
    #46923 |

Hope things are good for you Dave, I know you have an eye on Rob Stapetons record…and there is no reason we shouldn’t be joining your celebrations on Sunday, but make sure that you get thru the night.
    I am sure I speak for the whole club when I wish you a safe, trouble free ride and that the weather is kind to you.
    Good luck mate.

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46924 |

All the best Fear! Will be down over the weekend! Dig deep but keep safe.

Jules
    Participant
    #46925 |

All the best Dave

Sorry we are away this weekend and can’t come down and give you a shout

Jim@HindeRacing
    Spectator
    #46926 |

Yep – good luck Dave – you’re mental 😀

Jim

Chris G
    Participant
    #46927 |

Bon courage for the weekend Dave.

Just had a look at the course. Where do you think you will roughly be on Sunday morning around 10 ish? Thinking of riding out to offer words of encouragement witness yr madness! 🙂

nofear
    Participant
    #46928 |

Thanks all and I’ll do my best. Start at 13:40 and spend most of the race on 2 circuits that centre around the café at Prees Heath Island, which is open throughout the event. Will leave there for the finishing circuit probably about 10 ish Sunday. Circuit between Farndon (HQ) Hanley, A41, Bruera, Aldford. I’ll probably need all the encouragement I can get on Sunday morning so I welcome any shouts from the road side. Forecast is heavy rain, thunder and lightning, hail, and hot and humid in between, so perfect ……. not! 😮 I’ve always been lucky.

Finishing is the objective and anything else is a bonus.Off to bed now .. night, night.

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #46929 |

A brief blog and some photos now on the web site or at direct link

https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/a-mixed-bag-blog-sunday-20th-july-rr-24-hr-and-stuff/

Full Mersey RC 24 results also in results section or at:

Mersey Roads Club 24 Hour Time Trial 19th and 20th July 2014 – Results

Jed
    Participant
    #46930 |

Well done Dave – an admirable effort. What’s next?

nofear
    Participant
    #46931 |

Just a quick thank you to Graham for helping me keep Dave in check this weekend, I think he could start a new career as a rally driver he certainly missed his vocation!! 😀 Also thanks to all of our friends in Blue & Yellow who came out to shout there support. Dave will no doubt do his usual report when he’s recovered (he crashed out in bed when he got home). Just so you know the results posted are provisional and final results will be posted as soon as we get them. Thanks again Caroline.

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #46932 |

Terrific ride! Well done!

JimW
    Participant
    #46933 |

We’ll done Dave, a cracking ride, chapppeau young man (it’s ok I’m allowed to say as I’m older!) chapppeau.

nofear
    Participant
    #46934 |

Stop press I’m still alive! 😮 The bad news is that my latest report is very very very long mainly because this was my longest bike ride ever and also because I’ve been sat on my backside bored all day due to temporarily losing the use of my legs and back. It’s so long that I’ve sent it to Ady to upload on the blog following on from his own entertaining blog for the weekend. Incidentally that face was not the face of a man who wanted to fight as suggested by Ady, it was the face of a man who just wanted to get it over with and go to bed! Somehow a 10 mile time trial will never be the same again.

Ta for now

Dave

NickB
    Participant
    #46935 |

Well done Dave. We went away for the weekend otherwise would have come on down to give you a cheer. I look forward to reading the blog.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.