Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • nofear
    Participant
    #35725 |

The good news is that I have booked a club track night for 15th November 2012. The bad news is that this is the only one we can have up to the end of the Year! I received the e-mail from club bookings on Thursday last week and I replied with dates for Oct / Nov / Dec within 5 minutes of getting the e-mail.

Sam who does the club bookings was most apologetic but said that the demand has gone through the roof and she has been inundated with hundreds of requests. As we are a regular customer she gave us this one date, but many other clubs will get nothing. She said she would let me know if any other dates become available, but no promises.

So put this date in your diary as it looks like we won’t get many or any more chances even in the New Year.

Cheers

Dave

P.S.. Adrian – Can’t figure out how to put this on the calendar so can you do it please. Time is 20:00 – 22:00. Ta Dave

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #41662 |

Gutted 🙁 Fingers crossed something comes up in Oct or December still, love our track sessions.

kris
    Participant
    #41663 |

put me on the list!

karl
    Participant
    #41664 |

Count me in Dave if any space left. Whats the score with what we need to bring. Apart from legs and lungs.
    Will a standard track bike be ok (although a bit old) and whats the bottom bracket height (standard?)

Do we have a crib sheet or “idiots guide” for whats needed ?

As Manc is a wooden track, do we need to protect any areas of the bike (wheel nuts etc) in case of spillage and damage to boards… 😕

I’ve not ridden track for 20 years but fancy a go…

nofear
    Participant
    #41665 |

Hi Karl,

No need to book. just turn up on the night at about 7:30 PM. When you get there park around the back in the car park near Evans and just go thorugh the doors to reception and the doors on the left take you down to the track centre, but the staff att he desk will point the way. You just pay Caroline for the track hire (£8 for club members), when you get there if you’re bringing your old bike. You only need to pay the staff at reception if you’re hiring a bike and/or shoes.

Your old track bike will be fine and if it is a proper track frame the bottom bracket height will be fine, but you should also have 165mm cranks due to the steepness of the banking. If not then you can hire a track bike for £10. Also if you have 20 year old tubs / pressures I think you need to change them as the rubber will be very hard and I think you will slide off. The only stipulation on track nuts is that the spindle should not protrude out of the nut as the spindle can damage the track if you do come a cropper.

Cheers

Dave

karl
    Participant
    #41666 |

Thanks Dave,

will check it all out… 😀

les1
    Participant
    #41667 |

I will be there 🙂

tthew
    Participant
    #41668 |

demand has gone through the roof

That’ll be the Olympic legacy that people were talking about. 🙁

nofear
    Participant
    #41669 |

Just a reminder that we have our first of only 2 track sessions this Winter next Thursday 15th November at 20:00hrs. Please a make an effort to attend as the only other session will be on February 15th due to massive demand for track time by many clubs following the Olympics. We normally have 6 sessions per Winter and this Year we are lucky to get 2 due to being a regular customer as many clubs have not been able to secure any bookings. So please support the sessions.

For first timers, our coach will break you in gently with an easy ride around the bottom of the track to begin with and no following wheels so you have space around you. The experienced riders will not be on the track at that same time as you so don’t worry about getting caught in traffic. You will quickly build confidence and there is no pressure to move up the track, but when you are ready to do so you will love the experience. Please arrive about 19:30, park to the rear of the track near to Evans bike shop and come into the reception entrance and if you have booked a bike pay for it here when you arrive. Bike hire is £10.80 and you need to ring 0161 223 2244 at least one day before to reserve a bike so they can get it ready on the day before you arrive. You can also hire clip in shoes for a small fee (about £4 I think), if you want or you can ride ordinary trainers as the bikes have removable toe clips. I would recommend hiring shoes as the clips are not very good. Any questions just give a call on 07989 382344 or post a message on the forum.

Ady – Still can’t figure out how you put an event on the calendar so please can you put the Feb 15th date in there.

Cheers

Dave

kris
    Participant
    karl
    Participant
    #41671 |

Dave,

I was hoping to attend this but unfortunately can’t 🙁 . Sure it’ll be a good night !

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #41672 |

Well looking forward to this!

les1
    Participant
    #41673 |

See you all tomorrow 🙂

Rich M
    Participant
    #41674 |

I was planning to come tomorrow after doing a couple of taster sessions, but I have got to go to parents’ evening now. Hope it goes well

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #41675 |

Top session that last night Dave, really really good. Good crowd out too. Cheers for organising.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Track Events/Sessions’ is closed to new topics and replies.