Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • NickB
    Participant
    #36463 |

So far we have Fri 20 Dec, Thurs 13 Feb and Thurs 13 Mar 8-10pm with Paul West who has kindly offered his coaching expertise. Arrive at the Velodrome by 7.30pm in plenty of time to sort out hire bikes and payment. I will be up on the track when the session starts at 8pm. Please email me (see the contacts page) if you intend to ride or invite friends along. If you are booked on the session and then can’t make it, let me know 24 hours before at the latest. Anyone booked on a session who doesn’t turn up without letting me know will not be able to book on future sessions. Don’t email me questions though, do that here, that way everyone can see the answers.

We will be charging £8 a head for members, £10 for non member and £5 for under 18s, but I’ll firm up when we have an idea of numbers – track hire is £240 and we want to cover this if possible. For general advice see http://www.nationalcyclingcentre.com/track/safety-information/

Anyone who doesn’t have a track bike meeting the Velodrome’s requirements will have to hire one see http://www.nationalcyclingcentre.com/track/prices/ and let me know a few days before hand (by email) so I can book them all. You will have to pay at reception on the night. In addition to a velodrome approved track bike, you will need a cycling helmet, suitable shoes, track mitts and somethnig to drink.

Important Hire Bike information:

The Velodrome’s bikes are fitted with Look style Delta pedals (the fitting & use of other pedals is not permitted). Riders with alternative shoes/plates can either hire shoes from our reception or use toe-clip style adapters. Toe-clip style adapters can be used with training shoes.
    Look Keo cleats on riders own shoes cannot be used.
    As a rough guide, bike frame sizes should be determined as inside leg measurement less 10 inches

If you have any other questions, post a reply here and I’m sure some of our club members will post helpful replies if I don’t. I’m trying to find some more useful links with advice as all the stuff I have had has been hard copy. Best training for the track is short intervals at very high cadence on the turbo 😥

NickB
    Participant
    #45407 |

Fri 20 Dec session is filling up fast, so email me your details if you want a place

NickB
    Participant
    #45408 |

Fantastic response – session is now full! Price will be £8 club members, £10 for non members and £5 for under 18s

NickB
    Participant
    #45409 |

We now have 13 Mar too!

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #45410 |

Get in!

kris
    Participant
    #45411 |

put me down for march please!

NickB
    Participant
    #45412 |

OK Kris, but please (everyone wanting to ride)send me an email, that way I can keep track 🙂

NickB
    Participant
    #45413 |

I have booked bikes for everyone who has emailed details of their requirments. If you haven’t booked on the session with me (even if you have your own bike)please don’t turn up as the session is full with 3 reserves. So if you are booked on and can’t make it you must let me know ASAP.

NickB
    Participant
    #45414 |

The 20 Dec session went well, everyone I spoke to seemed to enjoy it, so thanks all for turning up and to Paul for his great coaching as usual.

Send me an email to book a place on 13 Feb session if you haven’t already done so as it is also sure to be a sell-out too.

NickB
    Participant
    #45415 |

Thurs 13 Feb is now full, so if you want to ride and haven’t let me know, send me an email to go on the reserves list

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45416 |

With regards to Thursday night, what time should we get there?

Alan Kemp
    Participant
    #45417 |

Hi Jim, Best to be there at least half to 3/4 an hour before the 8pm start . You need to collect and sort out your hire bike ( unless you have your own ) get payed up and signed on and still give Nick enough time to get himself ready for the start after checking everyone else in . Alan

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45418 |

Cheers al

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45419 |

I will be at the track on Thursday from 7 with the new FRC kit for everyone to collect their orders, the new kit has gone down a storm, I have limited kit left, please check the stock list below for details. The long sleeve jerseys are excellent, come and have a look if you haven’t already seen it, I am sure the kit will be sported (some will wear I better than others no doubt 😆 ) by Steve Thomas, Woody, James, Greg, Elliot and yours truly (like I said, it will look better on others 😕 ).
    If I haven’t got what you want, order now so I can get some more on order, it will take about 8 weeks, so If we are quick, we could have it for April/May.
    I do have some ladies Shorts sleeve jersey too in both FRC and standard pro-kit.
    Please note. I would advise you may wish to go a size up on the jerseys, if you think that the pro kit was small……! 🙄
    If anyone else would like some of the standard pro kit, don’t forget we have caps too, let me know before hand and I will bring it along.

STOCK LIST
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/914472/Kit%20in%20stock.xlsx

NickB
    Participant
    #45420 |

Thanks Alan and see you Thursday Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Track Events/Sessions’ is closed to new topics and replies.